Interview Question: Four people you would dine with?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eldoctor

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My friend told me about an interview question he was asked:
Name four people, dead/alive/fictional, you would dine with, and why?

I am interested to see what everyone else would say.

Here are mine:
Newton: Genius, and perhaps one of the greatest minds of all time.
Socrates: Interested in discussing ethics with him.
Jesus: I have too many questions to ask him.
Hitler: No joke. Mental illness is very interesting to me.

There are plenty of other people I thought about (Napoleon, Einstein, Genghis Khan...), but in the end I settled for those.

What about you?

Members don't see this ad.

Jesus: because I won't get the opportunity again until I die.
Martin Luther King: because I respect his courage and ability to lead and inspire people.
George Washington: because he was such an important person in American history.
Bill Cosby: because every dinner party needs someone to say funny ****.

Members don't see this ad :)
Jake Barnes, Kurt Vonnegut, Martin Luther King Jr., and Oliva Wilde

Betty White, Bea Arthur, Estelle Getty, and Rue McClanahan.

Bob Marley, Jim Morrison, Snoop Dogg, Bill Clinton.

Do I have to pick up the check?

Michael jackson- I want to know if he molested those little boys. And i want him to sing to me.

Jesus- I also have 100000 questions to ask him

Hitler- im curious to see if he is NORMAL like other human beings

Ben carson- I want some of his knowledge to rub off on me..haha

This will be an interesting dinner

mmm,

Shakespeare, Richard Dawkins, Ernesto Guevara, Darwin.

-Nietzsche
-Einstein
-the Buddha
-God (you did say "fictional")

Captain Crunch, Wendy, the Twinkie guy, and the Burger King king.

One hell of a meal :laugh:

I'm a history major. It depends on who/what I'm researching at the time. So I guess in most cases the list would consist of eighteenth century Frenchmen.

(With that, I would probably be interested in dining with a generic peasant/artisan/etc, because the records of those people are sort of lacking for much of history. And I don't think that really answers the question.)

Members don't see this ad :)
Pierre de Fermat, Edward Jenner, Archimedes, Thomas J. "Stonewall" Jackson

Edit: Oh, and I'd fit Leonhard Euler in there somewhere.

1. Gandhi - inspirational
2. Abraham - dicuss ways to bring peace to the middle east
3. Jesus - way too many questions to ask
4. Zinedine Zidane - my favorite soccer player

Hm...

Steven Gerrard. There's no way I could live with myself if I left him out.
Moses... I think it'd be extremely interesting to hear details on what happened/how he wrote/how much he wrote of the pentateuch.
Other than that... Alexander the Great would be cool, One oft he founding fathers (Probably Thomas Jefferson), and then I'd have to maybe pick a scientist too, Newton/Einstein/Galileo.

:thumbup:

Kurt Vonnegut
Neil Peart
& my parents when they were my age

Jesus: because I won't get the opportunity again until I die.
Martin Luther King: because I respect his courage and ability to lead and inspire people.
George Washington: because he was such an important person in American history.
Bill Cosby: because every dinner party needs someone to say funny ****.

Hey! My sister just had dinner with him a few months ago! She actually said he wasn't really that nice? Haha

I think you mistakenly put '(you did say "fictional")' next to God instead of Buddha

images

+1 :thumbup:

My list:

Jesus: How could you not? He knows everything and I too have a lot of questions
Darwin: I want to see his face when he sees Jesus and how he talks to Him
Hitler: I also want to hear him talk to Jesus
My amazing fiance: I just want her there to witness all of that with me :)

Albert Hoffman, Terence Mckenna, Hunter S. Thompson, and Maynard James Keenan

Hey! My sister just had dinner with him a few months ago! She actually said he wasn't really that nice? Haha

Ok, I guess I really just want cliff huxtable then. Or maybe Denise Huxtable, she was hot. :)

I think you mistakenly put '(you did say "fictional")' next to God instead of Buddha

images
No offense, but there have been way to many coincidences in my life for there not to be a real Buddha. Not to mention the proton pump and flagellar motor.

I definitely think the table has to fit well,

My grandfather on my moms side, never had a chance to meet him but my whole family tells me I remind them of him

My Future wife so i wont have to waste any time and can stay more focused lol

My mother, to see her father again and to meet my future wife lol plus my mom has always been there to motivate me and help in any way.

My brother, because he has always been my mentor while also student, we have helped each other in every way possible.

I think this would be my best table, surrounded by the ones i love. (and future love :love::laugh:)

Johnny Carson
Jim Morrison
Gautama Buddha
Carl Sagan

why?

I love Johnny's personality and wit.

Because Jim is hot!

Buddha because he can show me the way to inner peace.

Carl because he has an incredible mind, and I am interested in cosmology. And he is hot!

I just realized all the people I want to have dinner with are dead. Well since that is the case add my Grandmother because I miss her and I am sure the group would enjoy her.

Last edited:
Johnny Carson
Jim Morrison
Gautama Buddha
Carl Sagan

Well I'm just full of useless family facts! My grandma ate with him...or turned down a date with him or something in her early years! I think they went to high school together she told me about it a long time ago haha

Hm...

Steven Gerrard. There's no way I could live with myself if I left him out.
Moses... I think it'd be extremely interesting to hear details on what happened/how he wrote/how much he wrote of the pentateuch.
Other than that... Alexander the Great would be cool, One oft he founding fathers (Probably Thomas Jefferson), and then I'd have to maybe pick a scientist too, Newton/Einstein/Galileo.

No Nando?

Liverpool's No. 9

My grandfather on my moms side, never had a chance to meet him but my whole family tells me I remind them of him

My mother, to see her father again and to meet my future wife lol plus my mom has always been there to motivate me and help in any way.

My brother, because he has always been my mentor while also student, we have helped each other in every way possible.

I think this would be my best table, surrounded by the ones i love. (and future love :love::laugh:)

You get into my med school.:thumbup:

Mine would depend on the mood I am in:

Gandhi
MLK Jr.
Desmond Tutu
Dalai Lama

OR

KRS-ONE
Lauryn Hill
Wyclef Jean
Tupac Shakur

I cannot approve of Dennis Bergkamp: see 1998 FIFA World Cup Quarter Final. God it still hurts...

Wasnt the QF vs argentina??

He scored didnt he?

They loss in the Semis against Brazil on PKs.
wouldnt that be cocu's fault? and one of the de boer brothers right?

correct me if im wrong.

unless ure argentinian fo course.

How come no one mentioned any supermodels or actresses (Megan Fox)? This is probably going to be the closest any premed will get to dining out with a supermodel.

megan20fox-320x490-1.jpg

Mata Hari: I want to know what she was really doing dring the war

Joan of Arc: She fascinates me

Albert Schweitzer: I did a report on him and have man theology and medical questions for him.

Louis Pasteur: Rabies vaccines are fascinating and the simple process ofmilk pasteurization a brilliant idea.

How come no one mentioned any supermodels or actresses (Megan Fox)? This is probably going to be the closest any premed will get to dining out with a supermodel.

when ur med u get to dine with anyone ;)

kim kardashian: do i need to explain
coach K: hes more than a basketball coach. he offers great insight to life.
my dad's dad: i never met him, but i hear hes a fun guy.
len bias: he died too young

I agree with Bannie...I too would let you into a med school....I'm going to make a sweeping generalization that you will be an awesome doctor...Or at least a very caring one!

Well I'm just full of useless family facts! My grandma ate with him...or turned down a date with him or something in her early years! I think they went to high school together she told me about it a long time ago haha

sooooooooooo jealous

I watched his show since I was a teen in the early 70's; I always did want to meet him.

Hitler
Einstein
GG Allin
Alexander Shuglin

edit:

Carl Sagan and George Carlin are good, too. I think I'd kick out Sulgin and GG Allin for them both. :lol:

Mata Hari: I want to know what she was really doing dring the war

Joan of Arc: She fascinates me

Albert Schweitzer: I did a report on him and have man theology and medical questions for him.

Louis Pasteur: Rabies vaccines are fascinating and the simple process ofmilk pasteurization a brilliant idea.

Haha, I've heard he was a cranky *******.

George Carlin - Always sad I didn't get to see him perform live.

FDR - Awesome president!

River Tam - Entertaining as hell.

Henry Cavill - Eye candy.

LOL I picked someone cranky.....hhhmmm interesting.......LOL

I read a book about him when I was little, it never said the cranky thing. Though if you are studying a virus from rabid animal it might make one cranky.....

Andrea

sooooooooooo jealous

I watched his show since I was a teen in the early 70's; I always did want to meet him.

I watched a few of his shows too! However, I'm pretty glad she stayed away from him! I think, "what if they had gotten married?" Then I wouldn't be! And even though I wouldn't know that I wasn't here, it would still make me sad. Well that's sort of confusing...

I would have dinner with Jason Segal, Biggie, Carl Sagan, and Jerry Seinfeld

I hate questions like these and I wish interviewers felt the same way. haha.

I watched a few of his shows too! However, I'm pretty glad she stayed away from him! I think, "what if they had gotten married?" Then I wouldn't be! And even though I wouldn't know that I wasn't here, it would still make me sad. Well that's sort of confusing...

ah but what if she had a fling with him and yet she still later had her relationship with your grandfather? Just think of the fun at Thanksgiving get togethers :)

ah but what if she had a fling with him and yet she still later had her relationship with your grandfather? Just think of the fun at Thanksgiving get togethers :)

And maybe I could get my tuition paid for! Haha JK....I'll just be happy for how things are! Cuz maybe he wouldn't even have ended up being who he is because my grandmother was just that awesome :)

Wasnt the QF vs argentina??

He scored didnt he?

They loss in the Semis against Brazil on PKs.
wouldnt that be cocu's fault? and one of the de boer brothers right?

correct me if im wrong.

unless ure argentinian fo course.

That's why.

I agree with Bannie...I too would let you into a med school....I'm going to make a sweeping generalization that you will be an awesome doctor...Or at least a very caring one!

Thanks, I just think family is a major part of my life, I hope to live up to being an awesome doctor haha just got to get their first, got a long road ahead of me