Interview Question Response

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

badger822

Reaction score
In a recent interview I was asked about a challenge I had faced. I mentioned a physical assault that had happened around finals one year as I used that for some secondary responses for schools where I got interviews as well.

Is this a red flag (ie perhaps indicating inability to move past it) or perhaps a negative to bring up for my interview evaluation? Should I mention something more milquetoast in the future to not really rock the boat?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

They asked for a hardship, so I don't necessarily think that it would automatically appear that you are unable to move past it. How did you phrase/frame the essay? Medical schools essays are very much about framing and phrasing.

They asked for a hardship, so I don't necessarily think that it would automatically appear that you are unable to move past it. How did you phrase/frame the essay? Medical schools essays are very much about framing and phrasing.
I think I specifically mentioned taking ownership of it and using it to deal with other stress later on. Do you think that’s good enough? Also do you know if any ADCOMs here could weigh in (I’m new to posting here so I don’t know how all this works)?

Members don't see this ad :)
In a recent interview I was asked about a challenge I had faced. I mentioned a physical assault that had happened around finals one year as I used that for some secondary responses for schools where I got interviews as well.

Is this a red flag (ie perhaps indicating inability to move past it) or perhaps a negative to bring up for my interview evaluation? Should I mention something more milquetoast in the future to not really rock the boat?

Thanks!
Why on earth would this be a red flag?????????

Why on earth would this be a red flag?????????
I’m not sure if it made the interviewer uncomfortable or put a damper on the interview overall. For example, she asked if it was from a fraternity and I said mhm/yes which led to her commenting on how bad the hazing can be at some places. I’m just worried that might have painted me in a negative light

I’m not sure if it made the interviewer uncomfortable or put a damper on the interview overall. For example, she asked if it was from a fraternity and I said mhm/yes which led to her commenting on how bad the hazing can be at some places. I’m just worried that might have painted me in a negative light
You were wrong on both counts.

Reactions: 1 users
You were wrong on both counts.
I just wasn’t sure if it looked bad or made a difference that I’m a guy! Thank you very much for taking the time to respond and letting me know I’m (thankfully) mistaken! I’m happy it didn’t make me look bad, have a good rest of your weekend! :)

Reactions: 1 user