Interview question: What animal would you be?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What animal would you be?

• Bee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bat

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cheetah

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Elephant

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Horse

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Ostrich

• Pig

• Cat

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Dog

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Vulture

• Heyana

• Monkey

• Gorilla

• Eagle

Votes: 14 18.9%
  • Lion

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Tiger

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Rat

• Locust

• Snake

• Other

Votes: 20 27.0%

• Total voters

Chemdude

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A friend told me that he was asked this question during his interview(Canadian school). Why the hell would they ask this question? What is the best answer?

Members don't see this ad.

Bear is the correct answer. Be sure to remember that because for a lot of schools, it's a deal breaker if you get this wrong :(.

Members don't see this ad :)
Seems like a silly question. I would be a bear too because they can hibernate. I want to hibernate.:laugh:

Bear is the correct answer. Be sure to remember that because for a lot of schools, it's a deal breaker if you get this wrong :(.

Damn...I forgot to add bear...

i picked other.

specifically, a cuttlefish. quite possibly the smartest cephalopod ever.:thumbup:

The correct answer is to be a little bit flippant (show you have a sense of humor - it's a silly question after all), and highlight some quality that you respect. At least, I feel like that's what I'd want to hear. The other important thing is not to get too flustered. More than anything, this is probably a test to see how you handle a question that comes out of left field and that you're not prepared for.

I'd answer something like, "If I could be any animal, I'd have to pick Drosophila melanogaster. See, I'm kind of a believer in karma, and I've fed countless generations of them to goldfish in the lab, so it just feels right that I should take my chances on the recieving end for awhile. Who knows... I might be one of the lucky ones that held their breath, wakes up on the paper, and gets out the window."

I'd pick some mythical beast with magical powers like the liger in Napoleon Dynamite.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongolian_Death_Worm

1189008080.jpg

obv

:thumbup: Bears are the shiz. Live in the woods, climb trees and fish all day, sleep a bunch ... sounds awesome to me.

Members don't see this ad :)
A friend told me that he was asked this question during his interview(Canadian school). Why the hell would they ask this question? What is the best answer?

They asked me this for an interview for Alternative Spring Break. I almost died laughing...what an eccentric question!

My TA for Neuroanatomy used to give medical school interviews and she coached us a bit in lab. She would ask questions like "If you were a fruit, what would you be?" or "If you were an item of furniture in this room, what would you be?". Gets you thinking on the spot! lol

Are we allowed to choose mythical animals?
If we are I want to be the Phoenix
I'd get to be the only one
die quite possible the coolest death ever
only to be reborn again
plus I'd look awesome
phoenix_rising.jpg

If we can't then I guess I'll just be a bear too :/

hahahaha :laugh:
I just realized Locust is on the list

Interviewer: So if you could be any animal...
Me: LOCUST!

that's bound to go over well

I would be Alex Mack with her magical powers from GC-161.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have to be a sea otter.

cutest creature since the birth of the universe :scared:

I'd have to go with being a kestrel, but a cat is fine too.

Killer Whale, Apex marine predator!!!:thumbup:

High all the time and sleep all the time.. THE LIFE

0808261749421qualla-bear.jpg

A candiru because I want to be a urologist.

Giraffe because they're awkward and I just love awkward animals (I'd probably be a vet if there was an "awkward animals" specialty