interview question?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eellen3

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi.

I did okay on the MCAT and don't think I should take it again because I scored higher on it than on any practice test. However, the last month before the MCAT I worked really really hard on the verbal section. My practice scores ranged from 7-11, with mostly 8s.

I ended up getting
11 PS 8 V 11 BS for a 30 and O in writing.

If I were to get an interview and they asked me why my verbal was so low, what should I say? Sorry I studied really hard but the test kicked my butt?

Thanks for you help.

Members don't see this ad.

This question may be better addressed in the Pre-Allo forum. Moving it there. MCAT Discussions readers may read and post in PA. :)

I had a lower score on my verbal section compared to the other two sections. In all 6 of my interviews, they seemed more interested in the composite score than the individual sections. You have a good score, anyhow. Furthermore, the interviewers focused very little on my GPA and MCAT and instead asked me questions about other topics such as healthcare, family, why I want to be a doctor, my hobbies, my interests, ect. Most of the time, the schools will look at GPA and MCAT to screen applicants and decide who they will send an interview invite to. If you get an interview, then they must think your scores are competitive enough.