Interview Questions- Answers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Implant

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Nowadays, everyone is preparing for the interview. I want to start a new thread on the interview quesitons, I had lot of questions regarding the dental interview. If everyone is giving their opinion then it will be very easier to prepare for the interview, i am starting with first 10 questions.

1. “What is dentistry all about?”

2. “What got you interested in dentistry in the first place?”

3. “What does professionalism mean to you?”

4. “Where do you see yourself going in dentistry?”

5. “A patient comes to you for a second opinion. You realize that the previous dentists had done some poor work. What would you say?”

6. “If you caught someone cheating on a test, what would you do?”

7. “What three traits will make you a good dentist?”

8. “What is one of your best qualities?”

9. “What are you looking for in an international dental program?”

10. “What do you think are the biggest problems facing dentistry in the USA today?”
:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

As far is UPenn is concerned,Don't prepare answers. Note the "You" in each question. I have said this before and I will say this again. The admissions committee reads this and if you quote an answer from here, you will be doing yourself no good.

Trust me on that.

Implant said:
Nowadays, everyone is preparing for the interview. I want to start a new thread on the interview quesitons, I had lot of questions regarding the dental interview. If everyone is giving their opinion then it will be very easier to prepare for the interview, i am starting with first 10 questions.

1. “What is dentistry all about?”

2. “What got you interested in dentistry in the first place?”

3. “What does professionalism mean to you?”

4. “Where do you see yourself going in dentistry?”

5. “A patient comes to you for a second opinion. You realize that the previous dentists had done some poor work. What would you say?”

6. “If you caught someone cheating on a test, what would you do?”

7. “What three traits will make you a good dentist?”

8. “What is one of your best qualities?”

9. “What are you looking for in an international dental program?”

10. “What do you think are the biggest problems facing dentistry in the USA today?”
:thumbup:

hi
i think its a great idea :thumbup: :thumbup:we don't have to quote answers from here but atleast we can dicuss the probable general answers.like the last one......que. 10

Members don't see this ad :)
the most complex question which i feel is "tell me about urself"... it sounds so simple and once u start answering u tend to leave out so many important things if not properly prepared....
and most of the interviewers ask this question.

while you should envision what your interview experience will be like .............you'll be taking several steps back by preparing via this forum.

anjoliey said:
the most complex question which i feel is "tell me about urself"... it sounds so simple and once u start answering u tend to leave out so many important things if not properly prepared....
and most of the interviewers ask this question.

yup..that's right.Also,cud someone answer this que“What do you think are the biggest problems facing dentistry in the USA today?"

docapd said:
yup..that's right.Also,cud someone answer this que“What do you think are the biggest problems facing dentistry in the USA today?"
Mostly insurance related.

What is your most fulfulling moment in your professional life?

anvi said:

dont u ever give them that answer although its prob. 100% correct ..

a correct answer from the heart didnt work for me when i told the NYU interviewer back in 2004 that i wanted to specialize in public health dentistry ..she directly told me on my face that its a bad profession and that i should think of going into something more clinical like endo, ortho ..

what the **** ?? i thought this was a free country so i could go what ever field i wanted to go in .. and BTW i have a Masters in Public Health degree from the US and i was really interested in it..

looks like u have to tell them something more "polititally correct" even if u dont mean it to get in ..

anvi said:
Hmmmmmmmmm....................... :confused:
Could you explain that i.e the how and why stuff?