Interview Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr Gerrard

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question about when I interview.

In all of the questions dealing with strengths, difficult situations, how to work as a team, stuff like that, most of my responses revolve around one of my activities. Now this is by far my most significant activity, has influenced me the most as a person in college, and it is the single activity which allows me to say that I feel as though I have gotten the most out of my college experience. Now as you can tell, it is very important to me, but would it be a problem that many of my potential interview answers revolve around this?

Members don't see this ad.

You want to expose yourself (positively) as much as you can. If you were an interviewer, and had the responsibility of giving a young kid a 45 minute interview, would you want to hear answers revolving around the same topic?

For example:
Why are you a leader?
Well, when I volunteered at...

Give me an example of you working well with others.

Three weaknesses?

Why medicine?

Ad nauseum - you get the point.

I think it would make for a lackluster interview and won't indicate that you are a multifaceted person with many interests and passions. Of course, you can use the experience more than once to highlight different aspects about you, but there MUST be something else that you have done/seen/accomplished that has aided in your development as a person.

haha, yes, i guess that is very true.

well hopefully i will come up with something more, i currently have not done any clinical experience and plan on studying abroad before i inteview, so i am sure these two activities will give me plenty more to talk about. i am also planning on getting more involved in student government, so that might give me something to talk about as well.

thanks.