Interview Questions!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sng33

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have two questions for people who have already been on interview, and would appreciate some help..
1. When I hear people say that they bring a folder to interviews, Why? Is it to put things in that the school gives you, is it for your resume/ abstract or all of the above.

2. Who do you usually send thank-you notes to, and how do you go about asking for thier contact info to send it. Is it wrong to ask for email, or should all thank-you notes be sent to admissions office with an attn: (interviwer)?

Would apprecite any input!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

As far as a folder is concerned, I would just bring it so when they give you pamphlets, etc. (I received several pamphlets on my last interview ranging in topics from financial aid to community service opportunites). The school actually gave out folders to keep everything in, but if they hadn't I would have had papers flying all over the place, which wouldn't have looked too professional.
I sent thank you notes to the two people who interviewed me. Both gave me their information, but if all else fails, as long as you know their name you can write c/o the Office of Admissions.
Hope this helps!

Thanks barb, did you just ask them for an mailing address following the interview, or an email address?

Members don't see this ad :)
I usually ask the interviewer for a card and send them a handwritten thank you note to the address listed. In the many cases in which I have forgotten to ask for a card, I usually look on-line in the faculty directory to find an address. In only one case have I sent the thank you card through the admissions office.

I figure that if a) they give me a card with their address on it or b) they are listed in a publicly accessible directory, they will not mind receiving a thank you card from me directly.

Also, I always mention the date of the interview and comment on whatever it was that was the focus of our conversation. That way you can remind him/her of who you are.

Good luck!

mma

P.S. I use my folder ($8.99 at Target) to hold business cards, the interview invitation, admissions bulletin, and a campus map. ;)