Interview Scheduled/ In the area email?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

poohbear12345

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview in the chicago area that im hoing to schedule for sept 23rd, Ive been complete at the other chicago schools ive applied to, I got pooled at CMS. Was wondering if I should send them an in the area email? or is it too early, would this be poor form? (coming on too strong?)

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview in the chicago area that im hoing to schedule for sept 23rd, Ive been complete at the other chicago schools ive applied to, I got pooled at CMS. Was wondering if I should send them an in the area email? or is it too early, would this be poor form? (coming on too strong?)
No way it's poor form. Ask them politely that you're visiting Chicago and would like to see if those schools are interested in interviewing you cuz it's going to cut your costs. They might accelerate reviewing your app and decide whether to give you an interview or reject you there. You've got nothing to lose. Plus, if somebody is going to be annoyed by you asking, it's the admissions office lady, who is usually a secretary and will not affect the outcome of your application, so who cares :laugh:

I'm not too sure about it, seems like a little presumptuous to me. Just my opinion though, if other people have had luck with it before go ahead

It is very common for applicants to alert schools when they will be in the area for interviews at another institution. A brief email is sufficient, and you need not mention the name of the school to which you have been invited to interview - it's tacky. Some schools will gladly accommodate you and others will not, but it's worth asking!

As for the comment above suggesting that admissions office secretaries have no influence over the outcome of your application, this could not be further from the truth! One reason you wear a name tag on interview day is so that everyone can identify you, including administrative assistants and students who are uninvolved in the application process. Rude remarks and general inappropriateness observed by these individuals is often promptly reported and taken very seriously. The last person you want to annoy is an admissions administrative assistant. That said, a brief email will not have that effect.