Interview season

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

argg

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all.

I'm a soon to be fourth year planning on applying to radiation oncology, and I'm trying to finalize my fourth year schedule. I was wondering what time to set aside for interviews *knock wood*. When did most of you all that have already gone through the match have your interviews? November? December? Any in January? Was there any difference in dates by region? by 'quality' of the program? etc...

Thanks for your help. We all appreciate your help in learning about different programs and the trials in the months ahead of us. :)

Argg.

Members don't see this ad.

Most of my Rad Onc interviews were in December and January. But, some programs start interviewing in late November. However, better try to have some time in early and mid November too for your PGY1 interviews. Its good to get a few of these out of the way early. Also, your PGY1 intervies are good practice for your upcoming Rad Onc interviews which will be more intense. Good luck!