Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Interview spots

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by dynamite, Nov 29, 2001.

1. dynamite

dynamite Senior Member

Hope y'all are stayin alive this last stretch of the semester (or quarter). As for me, I'm wet as a dog here in wet, wet Berkeley.

Here's my question: I haven't received any interview invites. Now, I realize that many people aren't receiving these elusive letters and I should be happy that I'm not getting the feared thin slip. No news is good news, I suppose. But, as of recent, I have noticed that many peeps who are scheduling are saying that there aren't any more spaces until well into the new year, like February. And I was under the impression that many schools interview until March. So if no more interview positions until Februrary, then doesn't that mean that there are very few spaces remaining and that my anxiety is not all that unwarranted? What do y'all think?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. efjayen

efjayen Member

wheew...i guess i'm not the only cal bear without any interviews. i'm getting kinda worried too. damn this sucks

4. Bruin4Life

Bruin4Life Senior Member

It depends on the school. Yes some schools are pretty booked, but some school aren't. Albany offered me an interview just yesterday and it was scheduled for early December. On the other hand, MCP Hahnemann scheduled me an interview for the middle of January, and this was two weeks ago. Don't fret though (easier said then done) I spoke to the ad com at MCW and they said it's very earlier in the application process given the whole AMCAS fiasco. If a school normally interviewed until March that'll definetly change this year. Some schools are months behind.

5. bebe

bebe Member

I agree with the above post. Call your schools and ask 'will you be extending the interview period this year?". It should seem that if they are extending their secondary or AMCAS deadline (most are), then the interviewing season should be longer. But again, it depends on the school!!!!!!!

6. Jedi In Training

Jedi In Training Senior Member

Don't forget that interview spots will open up as people cancel their interviews upon acceptance at other schools.

7. EpiII

EpiII Senior Member

I am not sure what schools you are waiting on, but I only applied to CA schools (pretty stupid, but...) and I have gotten my first choice at SD, LA and SF when I have gotten the interiew letter. I just scheduled the interview at SF for 1 week after I first heard about the interview.

There might be some East coast schools with booked interview schedules, but at least the UCs (not sure about the private CA schools) have plenty of space still. I also believe that Stanford and Loma Linda just started interviewing so they can't be booked up either.

8. none

none 1K Member

Yeah it totally depends on what schools and how many schools.