Interview Strategy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NewNameForGoogleBot

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any good advice on how to play the interview game? By this I mean which interviews do you accept, when do you attend, etc? I want to save as much as possible on travel costs and have no desire to get into a long list of schools, just two or three that I like.

How many interviews should you attend? I am thinking of attending my first choice (obviously) and two other good schools along with one backup.

Finally, what is the possiblity of scheduling 2 or more interviews on the same trip?

Just when you finish the DAT, you get thrown into the next stage of the admissions gauntlet! I guess the stress only goes away when you get that acceptance in the mail.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by jaap
Any good advice on how to play the interview game? By this I mean which interviews do you accept, when do you attend, etc? I want to save as much as possible on travel costs and have no desire to get into a long list of schools, just two or three that I like.

How many interviews should you attend? I am thinking of attending my first choice (obviously) and two other good schools along with one backup.

Finally, what is the possiblity of scheduling 2 or more interviews on the same trip?

Just when you finish the DAT, you get thrown into the next stage of the admissions gauntlet! I guess the stress only goes away when you get that acceptance in the mail.

Hi Jaap,

I'm sure with your stats, you will get multiple acceptances. My advice is go to your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choices, and also go to your "for sure acceptance" school, just in case.

As for scheduling 2 interviews for one trip, I heard that has been done in the past. When I interviewed at Tufts last year, there were many students there interviewing with BU the next day. So save the $$$ and kill two birds with one stone if you can.

Good luck!

not really, then you will have the stress to find loans

+pissed+

o, not to mention to buy a new laptop.

i think i will start answering some questions for the thread with 200 questions.

maybe practice with a friend's friend.
or your professor.

i would schedule the safety school last (obviously).

another thing to consider a sch is the flight fare.
sometimes NYU might not be that expensive compare with some smaller town.