interview superstitions/ rituals?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DarkChild

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
do you guys have any before an interview rituals?
I guess I dont really.... except I always wear boxer briefs for an interview and lately I've taken to wearing the same shirt and tie I wore for my super saturday when I interviewed with 6 folks at the investment bank I worked for back in Nov of 2000. The funniest thing about that shirt is that its got these sweat stains that kind of made the underarms of the shirt lighter than the rest...
:eek:
what can I say, I was stressed... :rolleyes:
I know I'm not alone, so someone back me up before I look stupid. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
i sneak away from the group to have a cigarette in a remote and oh so shameful corner. it takes the edge off just right.

-jj

Since some of my interviews have been after lunch, I make sure to use the washroom and check if there's food in my teeth!

I have lucky interview underwear. ;)

on the morning of the interview, i brush my hair fourteen strokes--just fourteen, cuz that's the date i was born on. then i brush my teeth, wash my face, put in my contacts, and get dressed, always in that order. i wear the same outfit for every interview. don't worry, i'll dry clean it...later. then i put on my lucky hello kitty socks with the small hole near my big toe and my favorite earrings which happens to be the pair i wore when i won the campus telephone lottery ($100!!). all this is done to the background music of "st. elmo's fire." on repeat.

:p

i sqeezed into my old pair of spiderman underoos, flexed in front of the bathroom mirror to the sound of LL's Mama said knock you out, put on my suit, and hit the street. worked like a charm.

ALL HAIL THE HOLY BREATHMINT

*raises hands in air*

*exhales loudly*

*puts arms down*

*looks around*

Dance naked in front of the mirror to the
"I want you to want me,........ I need you to need me......... I'd loooove you to love me, oooooooh .."

The funniest thing about that shirt is that its got these sweat stains that kind of made the underarms of the shirt lighter than the rest...

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Oh...I wear a nice firm bra (with gel straps) and support panties with sheer stockings...oh and don't forget to button your jacket.

I do pray the prayer of Jabez too....but that's ever day.

I do what everyone does....wear my girlfriend's underware and make sure I shave my armpits. That way, I'm prepared if things get weird during the interview. So far, its worked like a charm