1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

interview thank you letters

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by subtle1epiphany, Apr 1, 2004.

1. subtle1epiphany

subtle1epiphany Junior Faculty
    15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    When writing thank you letters to interviewers and admissions staff following the interview is there anything specific format to which I should adhere?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. canada

canada Member
    7+ Year Member

No, I don't think so...I would think it's suppose to be casual. I wrote on post cards from my city with a little thank you note.

LOIs on the other hand should be more formal.

4. DocRadak

DocRadak Lovin my life
    7+ Year Member

Surely make it a casual letter. Show them that you had a great time and feel closer to them and to the school, so you shouldnt have to write a very formal-style letter.

5. Cydney Foote

Cydney Foote Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thank you letters can be casual, either handwritten or typed if your handwriting is messy, on thank you cards or regular paper. The things that are noticed are references to the connections you made with the interviewer -- to jog their memories -- and reiteration of the main reasons (1) why you want to go to that school and (2) why you would fit in there.

Good luck!