• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

subtle1epiphany

Junior Faculty
15+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2003
UIowa <- UNM <- MSU <- SoCal
www.msu.edu
Status
Attending Physician
When writing thank you letters to interviewers and admissions staff following the interview is there anything specific format to which I should adhere?

canada

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2004
Visit site
Status
No, I don't think so...I would think it's suppose to be casual. I wrote on post cards from my city with a little thank you note.

LOIs on the other hand should be more formal.

DocRadak

Lovin my life
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2004
Bradenton, FL
Status
Surely make it a casual letter. Show them that you had a great time and feel closer to them and to the school, so you shouldnt have to write a very formal-style letter.

Cydney Foote

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
www.accepted.com
Status
Thank you letters can be casual, either handwritten or typed if your handwriting is messy, on thank you cards or regular paper. The things that are noticed are references to the connections you made with the interviewer -- to jog their memories -- and reiteration of the main reasons (1) why you want to go to that school and (2) why you would fit in there.

Good luck!

About the Ads