Interview Time!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

darly

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been so busy with school that I haven't had the chance to visit this site in a while. As interviews roll around again, I wish everyone the best of luck. It's a very tiring process, but very well worth it at the end. Good luck, guys! Hope to see some of you at TUCOM next year!

Members don't see this ad.

hey Darly,

You have already been accepted to TUCOM?? It seems really early. Anyways, I live in the Bay Area and am interviewing in OCT, so what factors about TUCOM played in your decision to attend??

[This message has been edited by TNT (edited 09-13-2000).]

[This message has been edited by TNT (edited 09-14-2000).]

Hey guys...

I'm curious as well if anybody has been accepted this early to TUCOM. My interview is late October. Anybody know when they start interviews(I forgot to ask when I called). Well goodluck to everyone...

Members don't see this ad :)
I am actually a first-year student at TUCOM. I don't think they are doing interviews until October but since it is coming up, I thought I should wish everyone the best of luck. I do know that TUCOM has an early acceptance program because one of my classmate's SO got in through there. Good luck TNT and PV1. If you have questions, don't hesitate to email me at [email protected]. Hope to see you in October!

Thanks for the info. Darly...

I'm slightly nervous about the group/panel interview format. How many students are present in a group? Just curious for some more info. about the process. So is TUCOM everything you expected it to be? How do you like the campus/academics? I haven't visited yet but am planning to arrive a day early and have a look around. Well thanks again for the help and goodluck to everyone!

PV1...

I must say that Touro is a lot more than I expected. I really like the school and the people. Our class is really diverse, and everyone is extremely nice. The academics is not bad. I don't think we are at a disadvantage or anything. Our basic sciences professors are actually pretty good. Our anatomy prof is pretty good also. Most of the faculty are very nice and have an open-door policy. The school is great. If you do come a day early, let me know beforehand. Maybe I can take you around.

Darly,

TUCOM? Touro COllege of Ost Med, right?

Touro is west coast so its still an option for me, but i was looking at apartments up there and they are expensive.

The school's website is lame, i cant even get a visual of what the school looks like. How big is it, what kind of departments does it have? Thanks for any replies.

adismo...

You're absolutely right. The housing up here is expensive, but that's because it's Northern California. I live on-campus, so I don't really know much about off-campus housing. I think some of my classmates got pretty good deals though. I am paying $400/mo for my own room and bathroom. The apartments on campus are huge. Farragut Village, where I live, has three bedrooms and two bathrooms. The Quarters seem really nice too (3 bedrooms/ 2 1/2 baths), but are $100 more per person per month. I am very happy with my apartment situation, so I have no complaints (others may feel differently though). I know a lot of students live in Benicia (I really don't recommend Vallejo), but I don't know much about it.

The Touro campus itself is situated on Mare Island, an old submarine/naval base. We share the island with some businesses. I have to say that aesthetically, the island is not at its best right now. The campus itself is not too bad. The building where we have lectures and labs is beautiful. The facilities are great. As for the departments that they have, you may want to check out their website because it should be listed there. Hope that was helpful.