interview times, in general

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dulcina

=)
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
A school says their interview day ends at 2-2:30. Does it really end then, or do people generally stick around and kissup and ask questions?

Would a 4:30 flight be ok? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

A school says their interview day ends at 2-2:30. Does it really end then, or do people generally stick around and kissup and ask questions?

Would a 4:30 flight be ok? Thanks!

I'm obviously in the same boat as you are, so I don't actually know the answer, but I'm planning to fly out the day after the interview.

I'm obviously in the same boat as you are, so I don't actually know the answer, but I'm planning to fly out the day after the interview.

hmmmm leaving at 4:30 vs 6pm is a $90 difference =/

i wish i knew whether there was anything to stick around for.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can feel free to leave right at the end of the interview day. You'll probably be tired enough to want to, regardless.

As for the flight...well, not knowing 1) where you're interviewing, 2) how far it is from the airport, and 3) which airport you're flying out of, sorry can't help. You can feel free to schedule a flight in the afternoon, but I might push it a little later than that, just to be safe. I typically scheduled my flights last year about 3 hours post-interview day.

You can feel free to leave right at the end of the interview day. You'll probably be tired enough to want to, regardless.

As for the flight...well, not knowing 1) where you're interviewing, 2) how far it is from the airport, and 3) which airport you're flying out of, sorry can't help. You can feel free to schedule a flight in the afternoon, but I might push it a little later than that, just to be safe. I typically scheduled my flights last year about 3 hours post-interview day.

UMich--Detroit airport.

UMich--Detroit airport.

Oh, sorry, I really can't help you there...I don't know much about Michigan! I think you might have to ask a SDNer who's more familiar with the area. :oops:

I'm from the area. You should be ok, I think. You could definetly reach detroit metro airport within a half hour from ann arbor, so if you left the interview day by 3:00 you should be there by 3:30, and not feel too squeezed for time.

hmmmm leaving at 4:30 vs 6pm is a $90 difference =/

i wish i knew whether there was anything to stick around for.

When I had all of my interviews (6), I easily could have left at 4:30 except for one which required a long drive.

I'm from the area. You should be ok, I think. You could definetly reach detroit metro airport within a half hour from ann arbor, so if you left the interview day by 3:00 you should be there by 3:30, and not feel too squeezed for time.

thanks! you just saved me $90 =)

Yeah you guys can definitely take off right after the interview day is over. Oftentimes you just get to leave after your last interview. It's not bad at all normally.

Yep, you should be completely fine. Often times, the person coordinating interviews will ask if anyone has early flights when you arrive, and they can usually make sure that you're out of there on time.

If I recall correctly, they tell you it's going to last a good bit longer than it actually does because they know people will be scheduling around the day. I think Arkansas's interview day was scheduled to end at 2 but really concluded at 1, and that was including all the tours and info sessions and stuff plus a bit of glad-handing.

sweet, ticket booked! i'm psyched! (and nervous).