Other OT-Related Information Interview tips for OT school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Makingmoves2014

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone give me interview tips and advice for occupational therapy program. I'm scared. I need some pointers please. I've picked up books about interviewing. Please anyone. I have a passion for OT. Please any advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Be ready to answer why OT and why OT at their specific program. Know the program's mission and know everything you submitted on your OTCAS as your activities and try to explain how they may have led you to OT or what skills you learned from those activities that will benefit you in OT(time management, creativity, ect). Also just be yourself! Just think of it as a conversation. They're just trying to get to know who you are. I've conducted interviews before for res life positions and honestly I love seeing people who are relaxed, prepared, and who can just have a conversation with me. Stay positive and don't put yourself down at any point throughout the interview, even if you blank or get nervous. It's always a little awkward when someone is stumbling and they keep apologizing for it. Its understandable to be nervous, just try not to point it out! Rather say, something like, oh good question, let me think about that, ect. And don't forget to ask questions about the program after they're done asking you questions. It shows your interest an usually leads to good conversation! Good luck! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you get an interview for ACU?
Nope!! I called today to see how many people have applied 41 people so far. ACU is expecting 60 applications. I'm not trying to be negative but I only have 3.11 and the other applicants have 3.5 or above. I might not have the grades but my work ethnic explains it all. So we should see.

You never know what can happen! Let's make a pact that no matter what both of us will either be there or apply there again next year!

You never know what can happen! Let's make a pact that no matter what both of us will either be there or apply there again next year!
I hope so!!! Yeah we should know around March. I believe they extended the deadline because not enough people applied. I don' know.

I will be so glad when this stress is over!

I just applied to Davenport University which is Michigan!!! I talked to the admission counselor. I never been to Michigan!!
You go girl! If I need to reapply next year I'll look up all of these places. I definitely should have branched out more.