Interview Today for Grad Intern at Walgreens....I think I failed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asian pharm

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I had in IV for grad intern position today, and I think I did well. However, they told me that they will call me in the afternoon after a couple of other candidates that they had to finish up with...My IV was at noon...It alomost evening now, and still did not get a call.:(

I think I spoke too fast in the IV (i am generally a fast speaker) or may be I was too honest.:oops:

I really needed this job, if i fail this IV, I will be seriously mad upon myself...I need some motivation.......:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Give it a few days before giving up. Sometimes employers can be unreliable.

have faith in yourself and believe that you're bound to do great things. you've done your best, now wait for the employer.

Members don't see this ad :)
The post-IV anxiety you experince is actually quite common. After their interviews, many would get home and think to themselves: "FTS! I think I kissed the wrong spot today. I must have screwed up!". But hey, next day, job offer. Just wait and see.

Reactions: 1 user
Okay, so I had in IV for grad intern position today, and I think I did well. However, they told me that they will call me in the afternoon after a couple of other candidates that they had to finish up with...My IV was at noon...It alomost evening now, and still did not get a call.:(

I think I spoke too fast in the IV (i am generally a fast speaker) or may be I was too honest.:oops:

I really needed this job, if i fail this IV, I will be seriously mad upon myself...I need some motivation.......:scared:

Did you get a job yet?

Thanks bulldog, I was thinking this was a new thread, and not a necrothread!

OP (or anyone with similar problem), reality is, nobody is going to call you back the same day and offer you the job. It just doesn't work that way. Even if they tell you they will. If they really didn't like you they *might*, e-mail you a notice that they'd decided to hire someone else, they probably wouldn't even do that, but that is more likely then that they'd call and hire you the same day of the interview. I'd give it at least 2 weeks. Conceivably it could take even longer.

Because unless you work for an independent, it's not just 1 person doing the hiring. The manager might decide who he wants, but s/he still has to get HR's permission, probably will also have to get permission from their manager especially if budget approval is needed (and yes, that is a common occurrence, that managers will be doing interviews when there is a hiring freeze or when they want to add a new position but that new position hasn't been approved yet.

Reactions: 1 users