Interview travel consolidation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JakeHarley

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this is an obvious repeat topic, I can't seem to find what I need to know via the search function.

I am applying to several schools this summer and trying to develop a plan for the next 1.5 years until matriculate. I am planning on moving to the small island of Molokai (after getting my application out the door this summer) to pursue a small scale perma-culture public awareness project with my girfriend's father, who is an organic farmer there. I am hoping to devote the following year to this project, a lot of surfing :cool: , propagating fruit trees, and ROCKING my interviews.

My concern is that travel between the Hawaiian islands and the mainland is going to be pretty expensive. I will probably apply to 10 schools, including U. Washington in my hometown.

I'd like to find out if it is typically possible to arrange medical school interviews together time-wise in order to limit the number of times I have to fly across the Pacific. Is there generally any flexibility in scheduling interviews, such that I could get most of them done within a month's time and only have to fly back to the continental U.S. once?

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,

Jake

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on the school. Some schools like SLU are very flexible when it comes to scheduling, while others (I won't name names) are not.

It is certainly possible to consolidate your interviews.

sdnstud said:
It depends on the school. Some schools like SLU are very flexible when it comes to scheduling, while others (I won't name names) are not.

It is certainly possible to consolidate your interviews.

i wouldn't move to molokai during interview season.