Interview Visits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DZT

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can most interviews be arranged off site, b/c I just realized how little money is left in my travel budget after spending money on applications.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry, but mostly not, although a few schools do offer regional interviews (Duke and SLU are two that I know of).

Hey SMW. Good to see u.

Members don't see this ad :)
FYI: SLU has not been offering regional interviews since February (They told me they were all full). Part of the reason I withdrew.

Very few schools offer regional interviews. Also, unlike my friends applying for jobs, you have to pay for all travel costs and the most the school gives you is lunch and the name of a student who is willing to host you. Nevertheless, there is a lot to be gained from going to the school and interviewing on site. You get to talk to students, see the area and facilities, and get a better overall impression of what goes on at the school. So, maybe its time to pick up an extra job to get some extra cash for interview expenses!