interview w/o Secondary

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by qdefiant, Nov 8, 2002.

1. qdefiant

qdefiant Member

so I just got an interview invite without even sending back the secondary and the check ... what do I do when they ask me why I have been sitting on the app so long ... anyone got an interview without sending the check? and there was also an essay I was suppose to write ...

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. siempre595

This happened to a friend of mine at Temple. She sent the secondary a couple days after she got the interview request. As far as I know it went through ok; she's already done the interview and no question was asked about the secondary coming in after the request. I guess they really loved the primary!?!

4. ussdfiant

Physician Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    I also got an interview invite for Temple without a secondary or a check. I eventually did have to pay and I got in accepted a couple of weeks later.

5. batman123

batman123 Senior Member

There was also the whole group of pre-secondary interview folks at Pitt earlier this year

6. gotgirth

gotgirth Greatest Icon in Wrestlng

Don't forget about Vanderbilt - they base interviews only off the primary app.

7. qdefiant

qdefiant Member

so, do you guys think i should send in the secondary anyways...or keep the 75 bucks ...

8. UCLAMAN

UCLAMAN Air Jordan Collector

????

Which school are you referring to?

If it is Vandy you must have the secondary completed and returned to the office by the date you interview.

9. qdefiant

qdefiant Member

it's new jersey medical school ... not robertWoodJonhson

10. UCLAMAN

UCLAMAN Air Jordan Collector

Well, I would think that even if you were granted an interview based upon your primary that the school will eventually need your secondary to come to a final decision on your file. Then again....I know nothing about this medical school. However, even if the secondary application were not necessary for a final decision by the admissions committee why would you pass up the opportunity to write another essay? The secondary essay is another opportunity to talk about why you would be a good candidate for their medical school.

The best thing for you to do would be to call their admissions office and ask them about the situation.

11. KBCoch

KBCoch Senior Member

I got a pre-secondary interview at Pitt earlier this year, and they still needed the secondary completed by the deadline (the sooner the better of course).

Pre-secondary interview is good news! Congrats, they must like you.

12. tufts02

tufts02 Member

i got a temple interview before the secondary this year. i sent the secondary in at least 2 weeks before my interview though w/ the money unfortunately...good news is that they're probably really interested. i got in...im sure you can too