1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interview without a secondary.

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ussdfiant, Feb 23, 2002.

1. ussdfiant

Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Has anyone heard of a situation of someone receiving an interview invitation without completing a secondary AND after the school's deadline for turning in said secondary?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Jalby

Jalby I fight crime at day when Batman are sleeping.
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    That happened to me. I'm not sure if it happened after the deadline, though. I'm actually going to the interview, though.

4. Jessica

Jessica Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

UMich offered me an interview w/o secondary, but that was is early Dec. so I don't think it was past their deadline... and Temple sent me an e-mail on Friday that said something like "Though our deadline was 12/17 (or something like that) if you are still interested, please submit your secondary materils"?? Maybe they sent that to everyone that indicated Temple on their primary app in an effort to make some extra secondary cash this season? :confused:

5. choker

choker Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i got one from pitt, but that was before the secondary was due. still nice, though. i handed in my secondary in person.

6. Dr. Kermit

Dr. Kermit Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

My friend, currently at Temple, was asked to interview there w/o a secondary. She attended the interview and her interviewer asked if she had brought her secondary for him to read. She was told that she could submit it before the deadline. When the committee went to review her file, she still had not submitted her secondary and received a letter stating that "the committee could not further review her file until it was complete."

7. Optimistic

Optimistic Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

It happened with my one friend, she did not send her secondary to wright state , but they sent her interview any way.

8. bomback

bomback Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I got an interview at Pitt without a secondary but this was back in September so it wasn't passed there deadline. Then last week I got an email and letter like Jessica from Temple for an interview and this was passed their deadline.

9. Ceelo

Ceelo Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I interviewed at UAB w/o turning in recommendations. I guess some schools don't wait for complete files before requesting interviews.

10. altaskier

altaskier Altaholics Anonymous 92'
    7+ Year Member

It has happened.