Interview without a secondary.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ussdfiant

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of a situation of someone receiving an interview invitation without completing a secondary AND after the school's deadline for turning in said secondary?

Members don't see this ad.

That happened to me. I'm not sure if it happened after the deadline, though. I'm actually going to the interview, though.

UMich offered me an interview w/o secondary, but that was is early Dec. so I don't think it was past their deadline... and Temple sent me an e-mail on Friday that said something like "Though our deadline was 12/17 (or something like that) if you are still interested, please submit your secondary materils"?? Maybe they sent that to everyone that indicated Temple on their primary app in an effort to make some extra secondary cash this season? :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
i got one from pitt, but that was before the secondary was due. still nice, though. i handed in my secondary in person.

My friend, currently at Temple, was asked to interview there w/o a secondary. She attended the interview and her interviewer asked if she had brought her secondary for him to read. She was told that she could submit it before the deadline. When the committee went to review her file, she still had not submitted her secondary and received a letter stating that "the committee could not further review her file until it was complete."

It happened with my one friend, she did not send her secondary to wright state , but they sent her interview any way.

I got an interview at Pitt without a secondary but this was back in September so it wasn't passed there deadline. Then last week I got an email and letter like Jessica from Temple for an interview and this was passed their deadline.

I interviewed at UAB w/o turning in recommendations. I guess some schools don't wait for complete files before requesting interviews.

It has happened.