interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nika751

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have one interview set up that is only about 4 hours long. I know they are interviewing around 15 of prospective students though. I do not see how they could possibly have time to interview us each individually, especially since I know part of the day is lunch that is provided for us and a Q&A session. Any thoughts on what format this interview might be? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Is this a graduate school interview for a PhD in psychology? The interviewees will probably be split up among many different faculty members for interviews. You may have just 1-3 brief interviews with key people that fit your interest area. Maybe a group tour of the department, or a talk from the training director.

I agree, I am sure it's not 15 to one person, there will most assuredly be several faculty involved

Members don't see this ad :)
This is for a PhD in school psychology.

Thank you for your response! I know we are getting some kind of tour as you mentioned. I guess they will have to split us up and we will each interview with just a few of the professors.

This is for a PhD in school psychology.

Thank you for your response! I know we are getting some kind of tour as you mentioned. I guess they will have to split us up and we will each interview with just a few of the professors.

That's almost invariably how things go, unless there's only one faculty member in the entire school psych department (which I'm guessing isn't the case). And even then, they'd likely just have faculty from other departments help out.