Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jackets5

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Usually when do the first interview offers start to come out. I have heard that a lot start come out around 3rd week in October.

Members don't see this ad.

Usually when do the first interview offers start to come out. I have heard that a lot start come out around 3rd week in October.

I've heard a lot are offered in early October, but some can start offering soon. Anyone got any invites yet?

It's completely specialty and program dependent. Some specialties will start interviewing in the middle of October, others won't even get started until the end of November or early December. Even within specialties there is a lot of variance.

Additionally this year is liable to be different from previous years since this is the first time that the application is submitted on 9/14 instead of 9/1 and that the MSPE goes out on 10/1 instead of 11/1. Because of this, several people have suggested that it'll be pretty quiet until 10/1 since programs don't lose much by waiting a couple of weeks to look at the MSPE; I'm inclined to agree with that, but it's really anyone's guess.