Interviewed at ICO

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eyedream82

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

AAAhhhhh, it's good to sit back and relax :cool: now that my interview is over:) One down, three more to go:D

:clap: Go CUBS!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

good job!! i am sure you did well. Good luck on you other interviews!!;)

Members don't see this ad :)
good to hear it was :cool: can u give us a run thru of how the day was? and what questions they asked...etc :)

I saw a group of interviewees during optics class. Were you one of them?

Luv,
Eyegirl

Hey again everyone,

Yeah EyegirY2K, I was one of the ones that went to the auditorium during your Optics lecture. :cool: Pretty cool huh.

Well, just a recap if you guys want to know. The day started at 9AM when i was enthusiastically greeted by Anthony. He is a really cool guy and he's real friendly to all, so that was a great welcome. There were 4 of us that day...all out of state.

We all went into this room and gathered there until we each were taken away individually for our interview. 4 things happened in this order: 1) admission counselor take you out to go over your file, 2)financial guy talk to you about financial stuff, 3) your interview with a faculty member or one of the admission counselor, 4) the tour with 2 ICO students, and 5) lunch with 4 ICO students.

Guess the big part ur wanting to ask is how was the interview. It is very laid back like you'd heard. In fact, Aisha was like "be careful not to go sleep cuz you're interview is really laid back":laugh: The faculty that interviewed me was a biochem teacher. I'm sure EyeGirlY2K has her for biochem (Dr. Z). She has my file in front of her so it wasn't a blind interview. The questions that she asked for were no surprise to me. She first told me about herself and then asked me to do the same. Other questions were: why optometry? how's your undergrad prepared you? what are your interests? you're working for an ophthalmologist and optometrist (and also at an optical dispensery) why choose optometry over all? I did my research at UT ophthalmology department, she asked me about my research. My interviewer also does research besides teaching so we both kind of have some stuff to talk about our research.

The basic questions i expected so no surprise. Of course, i talked for the most part because i know she purposely didn't say much to make me carry on the conversation. It's always good to be observant and ask her about herself to show that you are interested in that person and not otherwise. The next thing i know, the interview/conversation lasted for 1 hour. I felt like i said everything i needed to say. I felt bood about it.

The tour was very informative. Had 2 third year guys leading the tour. When at lunch, they added 2 more 1st year students with us. I love the Residential Complex, it's so nice! The lecture hall, labs, and eye clinic are very new. The students are very friendly and welcoming.

Chicago Chicago, I love the city. The only bad thing was my hotel was in Oak Lawn so it took 30 minutes to get to ICO. The traffic is like madness but that's b/c it's bigger compared to Memphis.

I should know the answer in 2 weeks at the earliest. :laugh: ;)

Go CUBS!!!!!:clap:

* I meant to say 5 things in that order and not 4
* I meant to say I felt good and not "bood"

But anyways, I wouldn't stress out too much about the interview at ICO. It's all about you. Just be honest and that way, you don't lead yourself into a trap. Just know what you're going to and how to say it clearly is the important thing i think.

Alrite, one down, 3 more to go. I got my SCO interview this Friday. If anyone had experienced the SCO interview, please feel free to speak. This is a big one for me cuz this is my first choice close to home.

GO CUBS!!!!!:cool:

sorry Eyegirl2K7 i mispelled your screen/user name...:oops:

eyedream, glad to hear it went relly well; and thx for the update. i'll be sure to take pics of chicago when i go :D

HighlyFanatic,

Good luck with your ICO interview. Hope you will do well. Important thing is to not stress out so much :cool: Gotta have Faith :D