Interviewed at program, later received rejection on ERAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

triathlondoc12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Title of thread self explanatory. I interviewed at a program, then a couple weeks later received a rejection notice to the same program on ERAS. simple mistake or did I waste my time and money on going to this place? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Title of thread self explanatory. I interviewed at a program, then a couple weeks later received a rejection notice to the same program on ERAS. simple mistake or did I waste my time and money on going to this place? Thanks!
What did the PC say when you called to ask this question?

Reactions: 5 users
Kinda don't wanna draw attention to anything tho. I think it may be that there were a couple pathways to apply to and maybe that's just one. Bc my interview skills are solid.

Kinda don't wanna draw attention to anything tho. I think it may be that there were a couple pathways to apply to and maybe that's just one. Bc my interview skills are solid.

Please tell me that isn't your rationale for not contacting the program. Draw attention to what? You think that if they intend to rank you, asking for clarification about an email (that was more than likely sent in error) is going to knock you off the list??

So you got a rejection email and you'd rather wonder about whether or not you actually got rejected or if it was a mistake than clarify that it was a mistake? That makes no sense.

Reactions: 1 user
So you got a rejection email and you'd rather wonder about whether or not you actually got rejected or if it was a mistake than clarify that it was a mistake? That makes no sense.

Yes, but his interview skills are solid.

Reactions: 1 user
@triathlondoc12 I don't want to keep piling on, but real talk. You're an adult, and you are taking the first step in your career. It's concerning to me that you received a confusing communication from a potential employer, and couldn't come to the conclusion of "ask them for clarification" without us telling you to do it.

There's nothing to "draw attention to." No program that I've ever heard of sends out post-interview rejections. They would simply leave you off the match list. If they already intend to leave you off their match list, your contacting them to ask "What's up with this email?" isn't going to change a thing. On the other hand, if they intend to rank you, and catch this mistake themselves, the fact that you apparently don't care enough about the program to reach out and ask "What's up with this email?" might give them pause.

Reactions: 1 users