interviewed in early Oct, but tufts hasn't made a decision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tivski

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
not even a waitlist or a rejection. In January they said they would decide in March, in March they said April, in April they said May and now that May is here, they haven't even updated their form letter.

I inquired: when will the final decisions be mailed out to those who are still under active consideration?
They replied with the following. Do the math on the number of weeks mentioned in their response. They didnt even answer my question

Dear Applicant:
Thank you for your continued interest in Tufts University School of
Medicine.
We expect to admit applicants from the active consideration list as
needed over the coming weeks, and then establish our Wait List sometime
in early May. We will then admit from our Wait List over the summer
months as needed.Best wishes, TUSM Admissions

Who else is in my boat?

Members don't see this ad.

Check out this thread--there are a lot of other applicants on AC waiting for Tuft's decisions. The nice thing is that if you are AC at the very minimum you will be placed on the waitlist, if not accepted in the upcoming weeks.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=387100

not even a waitlist or a rejection. In January they said they would decide in March, in March they said April, in April they said May and now that May is here, they haven't even updated their form letter.

I inquired: when will the final decisions be mailed out to those who are still under active consideration?
They replied with the following. Do the math on the number of weeks mentioned in their response. They didnt even answer my question

Did they really say that? That's messed up

No, I think the OP was trying to point out the discrepancy in the time line mentioned in the response--applicants on AC will be admitted as needed (late April) and then a waitlist will be established in early May (this and next week), although we haven't heard of any ACer's being admitted.