#interviewed vs #accepted at Temple and U of Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pfh

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone know the ratio of #-interviewed vs #-accepted at Temple and U of Vermont?

in my msar it only shows the number matriculated.

thanks again

pfh

Members don't see this ad.

Darn, my MSAR is broken too!

Only the school knows those numbers. We only get to know if they publish the data.

But for reference, one school in NYC (forget which one) said something about accepting 500 students to fill 150 spots. So for a school with any popularity, I'd say 2x to 3x as many acceptances as matriculants.

the US News and World Report book gives that info for most schools...i have it at my apartment but i'm at work, i'll PM you later if those schools are in there with that info.

Members don't see this ad :)
from us news and world report:

Vermont:
Appli. Inter. Acc. Matrics
Total: 5,440 621 209 107
33.65%

Temple:
Total: 8,410 938 576 175
61.4%

Numbers from the Fall of 2005 (most recent numbers)

the US News and World Report book gives that info for most schools...i have it at my apartment but i'm at work, i'll PM you later if those schools are in there with that info.

i would like to know too, thanks!

Generally, I've found that a good rule of thumb is that around 2/3 of instate interviewees receive acceptances, and around 1/3 of OOS interviewees receive acceptances.

wow, i'm an oos :(
i really hope i get in. from what i've been reading about the school, uvm seems like a great place to study medicine!

mine's on october 2nd. has any one interviewed there yet? if so, how did you like it there? i'll be appreciative to any advice :)

wow, i'm an oos :(
i really hope i get in. from what i've been reading about the school, uvm seems like a great place to study medicine!

mine's on october 2nd. has any one interviewed there yet? if so, how did you like it there? i'll be appreciative to any advice :)

It's a great place. Smaller town, so if that's your thing, UVM is your place. the facilities are brand new, AND they give you a laptop (but tuition more than covers it). I got along really well with the other interviewees, and we still stay in touch. I think they have a great student body and choose their class well. :) Good Luck!