• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

#interviewed vs #accepted at Temple and U of Vermont

DrMidlife

has an opinion
10+ Year Member
Oct 31, 2006
  1. Resident [Any Field]
    Darn, my MSAR is broken too!

Only the school knows those numbers. We only get to know if they publish the data.

But for reference, one school in NYC (forget which one) said something about accepting 500 students to fill 150 spots. So for a school with any popularity, I'd say 2x to 3x as many acceptances as matriculants.

aaj117

10+ Year Member
    7+ Year Member
    Jul 5, 2007
    NYC
    1. Medical Student
      the US News and World Report book gives that info for most schools...i have it at my apartment but i'm at work, i'll PM you later if those schools are in there with that info.

About the Ads

cinemuse82

10+ Year Member
      Apr 16, 2006
      1. Pre-Medical
        Generally, I've found that a good rule of thumb is that around 2/3 of instate interviewees receive acceptances, and around 1/3 of OOS interviewees receive acceptances.

wow, i'm an oos :(
        i really hope i get in. from what i've been reading about the school, uvm seems like a great place to study medicine!

mine's on october 2nd. has any one interviewed there yet? if so, how did you like it there? i'll be appreciative to any advice :)

Daydreamer2008

10+ Year Member
        7+ Year Member
        Jan 19, 2007
        1. Pre-Medical
          wow, i'm an oos :(
          i really hope i get in. from what i've been reading about the school, uvm seems like a great place to study medicine!

mine's on october 2nd. has any one interviewed there yet? if so, how did you like it there? i'll be appreciative to any advice :)

It's a great place. Smaller town, so if that's your thing, UVM is your place. the facilities are brand new, AND they give you a laptop (but tuition more than covers it). I got along really well with the other interviewees, and we still stay in touch. I think they have a great student body and choose their class well. :) Good Luck!

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.