Interviewer gives you a bussiness card?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PelicanMan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi folks.

I interviewed at USF recently and the first interviewer gave me a bussiness card. I interviewed last year at 4 med schools and this is the first time that the interviewer gave me a bussiness card. IS THIS A GOOD THING OR JUST A PROCEDURAL THING?

This thing is that I thought that the first interview didn't really go that great. I was nervous and mubbled several times but we both went to UF and shared common stuff on that.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Well I would use the address on the business card to write a thank you note. Make sure to mention your UF connection to jog his memory of who you were.

everyone gives me a business card so i don't think its "something" - its useful to e-mail them thankyou notes with. rock it pelicanman - i'm rootin for ya

Members don't see this ad :)
Procedural.

I say procedural, and it depends on who interviews you. If he/she gave you a business card, they will probably give everybody they interview a business card, if not then they probably don't give them to anybody. If you do get one, be sure to write a thank-you note or email though.

Good luck!

It's usually personal preference. Some interviewers do it, some don't -- and it has nothing to do with how the interview went.

Some schools do have a standard procedure for their particular school. I interviewed at one school where the interviewers were prohibited from giving out business cards and the students were asked to remind their interviewers that it was not allowed if they tried to give us one.

I always ask for a business card- then I have complete spelling and contact info to mail a thank you as well as email if i get in or to show interest in the school if i am waitlisted.

good luck!

Everyone is saying that I need to write a thank you note to the interviewer which I wouldn't mind.

However, Mr. Larkin who ran the whole interview process specifically told us not to write thank you notes to the interviewers.

Should I still write the interviewer a thank you email?

Thanks premeds

Mr. Larkin did say to do that and I'm going to refrain from doing so even though I have both my interviewers e-mail. They probably sent in their evaluation forms by now and any thank you's will not effect a thing. You interviewed Nov. 4th?

Yes SolidGold

I interviewed on November 4th.

Who were you. I am from UF. I had a red tie on. I talked to the kid with a beard alot.

Originally posted by PelicanMan
Hi folks.

I interviewed at USF recently and the first interviewer gave me a bussiness card. I interviewed last year at 4 med schools and this is the first time that the interviewer gave me a bussiness card. IS THIS A GOOD THING OR JUST A PROCEDURAL THING?

This thing is that I thought that the first interview didn't really go that great. I was nervous and mubbled several times but we both went to UF and shared common stuff on that.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I wouldn't read into it too much. Likely just procedural.

Good luck.

Everywhere I've been I've gotten at least one business card from at least one interviewer. "In case you have any questions, here's my card". or "I never use these stupid things anyways, so here's a business card, I should start giving them away".

In any case, I think it's just that, if you have any questions, write them. I guess you could use it to write thank you notes, but I still think thank you notes are tacky unless you had a real good time or you wanna try to sell yourself to the school a bit more cause you really like that school.