Interviewing at Ross!

Discussion in 'General International Discussion' started by SM-UCLA tech, Nov 15, 2002.

1. SM-UCLA tech

SM-UCLA tech CCOM MS4 soon OB/Gyn PGY1
    7+ Year Member

I want to begin by apologizing if I am asking repetitive questions here, but I just discovered this forum.

I am excited to be interviewing at my first school, and I want to make sure I don't miss any important info.

First.......I live in Los Angeles and was offerred a regional interview or one in Miami. I want to go to Miami, is there a benefit to do that?

Also, are there any important questions I should be prepared to ask during the interview?

Any additional advice or information anyone could provide would be great!

Thank you

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. great north

great north Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

1) The only advantage I can think of in interviewing in Miami is that the interview offices (if they are the same ones I have seen) are located across the street from the hospital (Larkin Community Hospital), where you will likely do one or two of your pre-clinical rotations during the fifith semester, before you move on to the clinical sciences. Thus you can visit the site if you wish. Furthermore, you may encounter current students in the process and ask for their feedback...note everyone has an opinion and it is just that.

2) Ask questions relating to whatever concerns you may have regarding your schooling or living on the island.

3)If you are being interviewed then more than likely you shall be given an acceptance to the school; therefore, just relax and don't show up without any pants or start talking to Mr. hand-puppet or any such thing.

If you have any specific questions then by all means post them and I shall do my best to respond...I have time now as I am waiting for my STEP I score prior to starting rotations.

4. Bevo

Bevo Radiology, R1
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    congrats, i still gotta fill out my app :|

tell me how it goes, i might be following in your footsteps

5. BadVB750

BadVB750 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I interviewed in early Nov in Miami and I left feeling very postive towards ROSS. When you go to Miami you will get to shadow a 5th semster student after you interview. Talking with a student that was fresh of the island was a great insight, becuase they weren't trying to sell me the school. After talking with the students and seeing them in action made me feel more at easy. Plus, Miami is cool as hell, you have to go to South Beach.