Interviewing at the same school twice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Timberwolf

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a reapplicant and just got an interview invite from Vanderbilt. I was waitlisted there last year and am wondering what my chances would be this time around (ie should I go). This year I have a lot of clinical experience I didn't have before and a generally improved application. I liked Vandy when I was down there but know that they tend to give interviews based on stats. Do any schools give phone interviews to applicants who've interviewed before?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a reapplicant and just got an interview invite from Vanderbilt. I was waitlisted there last year and am wondering what my chances would be this time around (ie should I go). This year I have a lot of clinical experience I didn't have before and a generally improved application. I liked Vandy when I was down there but know that they tend to give interviews based on stats. Do any schools give phone interviews to applicants who've interviewed before?

Huh? What? WTF? Eh? Que? Mroo?

The equation is pretty simple: offered interview at Vanderbilt = go to interview at Vanderbilt. How much simpler could this be?

You should go for the interview, would you rather not go and never find out if they would accept you this time?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I'm sure I'll go on the interview to play it safe. I was just wondering if anyone had experience with interviewing at a school for a second time (do they treat you differently, etc).

Yeah, I'm sure I'll go on the interview to play it safe. I was just wondering if anyone had experience with interviewing at a school for a second time (do they treat you differently, etc).
Yes and no. As in, yes, I just had an interview at a school for the second time, and no, I didn't really get treated any differently.

I really don't see why you would be... Go to the interview.

I was interviewed and waitlisted at NYMC last year. I hope I get another interview this year as it is my #1.

the good thing is that you are not Vandebilt Virgin anymore, that should make things easier and reduce the stress on the interview day

Dr. Lee Jackson Van Pelt: "So ... do you have any questions for me?"

Aspiring Medical Student: "Uh, yes, thank you for that, um, opporutnity Dr. Lee Jackson Van Pelt ... if you don't mind, im interested in, what was it about me, actually, that you thought would make a bad doctor last year?"

(folow up: "what should i say now to disabuse you of that notion this time?")

Last edited: