PhD/PsyD Interviewing for different tracks at the same VA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NeuroLady

Gero Neuro Nerd
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I have interviews at two sites (both VA's) where I am being considered for two different tracks at each. I'm wondering if anyone has any insight regarding how the site views this, ranking, and/or anything I should consider in the interviews? Edited to add: this is regarding internship.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello,
I have interviews at two sites (both VA's) where I am being considered for two different tracks at each. I'm wondering if anyone has any insight regarding how the site views this, ranking, and/or anything I should consider in the interviews? Edited to add: this is regarding internship.
Are you inquiring about sites that have multiple tracks, and each track has a separate match number?

Each track has a different match number but at the same site. I've been notified that I am being considered for both at each. Separate notification emails, an extra interview, and separate match numbers.

Members don't see this ad :)
In my experience, each site ranks you according to their personal preference. My internship is at a VA like this and we don't coordinate about people or how to rank them. Focus on which fits your interests/training needs the best in your view.

Reactions: 1 users
Agreed with the above. I don't imagine it would strongly affect how they view your application, or how they end up ranking you. Even if it does, there's no real way for you to know that ahead of time, so just focus on doing the best you can during the interviews.