Interviewing Skills

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LaurenM

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My interview skills are definitely lacking, and I would like to bolster them before I start for specialty residency interviews. Anyone recommend an interview coach or guide, perhaps in the NYC area?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

My interview skills are definitely lacking, and I would like to bolster them before I start for specialty residency interviews. Anyone recommend an interview coach or guide, perhaps in the NYC area?
Thanks!
Send me your email address and I will send you a guide of tips, ideas and suggestions for interviewing for residency.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
In my time as a hiring manager when I was interviewing I was looking for more than just answers to the questions – attitude (demonstrated by behaviour), actually being interested in the subject (what do you do in your spare time?), ability to get along with other team members, my graduation degree etc.
There have been many occasions in the past when I have passed over the ‘best’ qualified candidate in favour of those who would be good enough and persuaded me at interview that they actually wanted the growth opportunity. I can train people to develop their technical skills; I was never able to make a “nice” person out of someone who was just in it for the money or using us as a stepping-stone to something better.
If you sent your FAQ to me I would file it in the bin.
Is this a case of efficiency (yours, not mine) trumping effectiveness?
Do you actually want the job? If not why are you applying for it?

Last edited: