Interviewing while being sick...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MD Rapper

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
x

Members don't see this ad.

I think that the interview situation itself will be enough to make you energetic. Make sure to get enough sleep tonight! Good luck.

UCLAstudent said:
I think that the interview situation itself will be enough to make you energetic. Make sure to get enough sleep tonight! Good luck.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: i agree, energetic or hyper...whatever you want to call it.

take meds to mask the symptoms as much as possible and get plenty of sleep. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
load up on sudafed and fluids and get lots of sleep.

best of luck to you!!!

MD Rapper said:
Hey y'all

I have an interview tomorrow and I was really excited about the opportunity until I caught the flu last week! I think I'm now at the tail-end of the sickness but my recovery has been slow... Unfortunately, I've come to terms with the fact that I may not be 100 percent for my interview tomorrow. Is there anything you guys can suggest that I do (supplements, sleep patterns, extra preparation, anything!) to make sure that I am energetic, enthusiastic and sharp for my interview tomorrow morning? I've found it very difficult to focus or be proactive in the last few days. Thanks for the help.

i was super sick at one of my interviews too. i just tried to drink a lot of water and got a lotta sleep the night before. i was losing my voice from all the talking during the interview so i was popping cough drops like crazy to keep my throat from getting so dry. i carried a bottle of water around with me all day.

hope you feel better and good luck!

I feel for you - I had the flu when I had the chance to interview at a really nice school. Wasn't pretty either - I was coughing & spluttering the whole time, must have looked pitiful. Turns out they liked me anyways. Just goes to show you, if the ADCOM likes you, they'll be able to look beyond the lozenges and kleenex.

as long as you're not incontinent...go for it.

MD Rapper said:
Thanks for the help everybody! I loaded up on meds, got a lot of sleep, and drank some coffee this morning. I think the interview went well... its my first choice school and I feel like I made a good impression.
great!! glad to hear it, :thumbup: lots of luck