interviews and politics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sweetshauna

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering, has anyone gotten questions about the healthcare plans of various candidates in this year's presidential primaries?

Members don't see this ad.

At my RFU interview back in September, I was asked what I thought of Hillary's plan (which had recently been announced in the news). I gave a very quick thought or two on the matter (I wasn't really familiar with all of the details), and asked my interviewer what he thought. He coughed and said that he wasn't really that familiar with it yet. :rolleyes: I got in, so apparently that was sufficient.

At my RFU interview back in September, I was asked what I thought of Hillary's plan (which had recently been announced in the news). I gave a very quick thought or two on the matter (I wasn't really familiar with all of the details), and asked my interviewer what he thought. He coughed and said that he wasn't really that familiar with it yet. :rolleyes: I got in, so apparently that was sufficient.

Haha, I bet that interviewer was like, crap...never saw that one coming...

Members don't see this ad :)
I pretty much had the same thing happen in one of my interviews. It was like the day after she announced her plan or something.

I was wondering, has anyone gotten questions about the healthcare plans of various candidates in this year's presidential primaries?

I have at 2 or 3 of my interviews. I did a lot of research before hand and am actively following this election process so it wasn't so bad. Just go to the candidates' websites and pull up their various plans.

I was asked what I thought about all of the Democratic candidates health plans, and what the differences were. It wasnt so bad, b/c I had done a little research.
I would just get a general idea, and you will be fine

i was asked about mitt romney's plan (maybe because i lived in boston when he was governor of mass...)

totally caught off guard o_O; but interviewer explained it--we discussed how i felt about it--then i tried to steer it toward 'healthy san francisco' (sf's health access program) that i new much more about...

As far as I heard it's always better to avoid conversations on the politics. ...unless your know exactly what the interviewer thinks. :idea: :confused: :eek:

I had an interview at EVMS and the interviewer straight up asked me who I would vote for for president to solve the healthcare problems in the US...I was caught off guard.

all you had to say was that it's hardly realistic to think a pres or big gubmint is the answer to such a complex issue and that the interviewer really oughta be more worried about social security.

As far as I heard it's always better to avoid conversations on the politics. ...unless your know exactly what the interviewer thinks. :idea: :confused: :eek:

yeah, except they want to know if you are living in a bubble and don't have a clue about the economics of being a doc