1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Interviews and Stats

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Amalgam Man, Oct 5, 2001.

1. Amalgam Man

Amalgam Man Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm going to be applying next year and was curious to everyone's stats and what schools they were/were not invited to interview at. I was especially curious at the California schools but would also like to know about the east coast schools also. Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. MsPurtell

MsPurtell Guest

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Hi there,

I applied to ten schools that are east coast or at least on the eastern part of the country. I got interviews at each: Temple, Tufts, BU, U-Maryland, U Pitt, NYU, Buffalo, Stony Brook, UConn, UMDNJ. My stats are 3.75 GPA and 23/23 DAT with lots of good recs, research and volunteer work, shadowing, extracurriculars, etc. If your DAT scores are really high they try to get you scholarships!!!

Good luck, Margaret

4. waiting

waiting Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

My stats are similar to Ms. Purtell's (3.72, 25/20) and also w/lots of research, great recs, extracurr., and tons of dental experience. I applied to 14 schools and gotten interviews at 10 so far: Tufts, UNC, UPenn, Louisville, UMaryland, Columbia, UConn, Michigan, BU, & Pacific. Hardest part might be getting the interviews b/c after that it's very laid back and just a chance for you to present yourself and have the school try to sell themselves to you...GOOD luck!

5. Amalgam Man

Amalgam Man Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I should post my stats since I'm asking huh? Well, it's an emabarassing 2.8 and 23/20 (Bio 21, G-chem 23, ochem 26). Ms. Purtnell, what is the percentile of the 23 academic average? I only got the scores and not the percentiles?

6. jplee

jplee New Member

my GPA is 3.65, Science GPA is 3.74. The DAT score is 21/18. I've only got interview invitation from UPenn and CWR even though I applied to nine other schools too. is that a bad sign? it seems like MsPurtell is off to a good start. =)
    Should I start to worry that I haven't got that many interviews? :(
    I applied to UIC, UCLA, Mich, Marquette, Creighton, Harvard, Tufts, Washington, and SIU
    did anyone who applied for the same schools got replies?

7. MsPurtell

MsPurtell Guest

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    jplee, start calling schools or e-mailing them if you've been waiting a while. It wasn't unusual for me to get an interview offer that way.

amalgam man, a 23 academic average is the 99.5 percentile. They really have to get you those percentile scores. I thought that was a standard part of the score report.

Margaret

8. ricegirl

ricegirl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

stats:
    sci/overal gpa: 3.7/3.9
    DAT/PAT: 24/21

solid recs, research and more research, clinic experience, volunteering, etc.

My AADSAS application has been flubbed up, so I'm still waiting on that to be fixed. In the mean time, I'm going to send my current transcript to schools to try to nip the problem and try to get the ball rolling. So far I've heard from the TX schools (I am a TX resident). I'm crossing my fingers and waiting to hear from CA schools!