interviews at pitt?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

valliumv

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everybody-
does anyone know a bit about the pitt interview process? I've been complete there for a couple of months now and haven't been invited to an interview though I am PA state resident and have been invited to comparable/better schools.
any ideas or advice?

Members don't see this ad.

i called pitt and was told that they interview through the end of march. supposedly they've been delayed, so there's still a while to go. (I think they start sending acceptances mid-march or so)

good luck.

I'll be interviewing there tomorrow. If they mention anything about the interview season, I'll post it here.
Wish me luck (I am leaving in an hour for a nice long drive from Boston to Pittsburgh in a sub-zero weather with snow coming soon).

Members don't see this ad :)
hey edik
i'm interviewing at pitt tomorrow too! I'm here right now in the computer lab at the pitt library. See you tomorrow and good luck!

Originally posted by valliumv
hi everybody-
does anyone know a bit about the pitt interview process? I've been complete there for a couple of months now and haven't been invited to an interview though I am PA state resident and have been invited to comparable/better schools.
any ideas or advice?

there is definitely still a chance for an interview. i was complete in september, and i just received an interview invite on Monday. so there is definitely some life out there. I would definitely send in an update letter too. it really can't hurt. GOOD LUCK!!

wow, i just realized i said definitely quite a few times in that post....:D

Same here. Complete since September...got the interview email today!!! :clap:

Congrats on the invites kay and wazup! Pitt's a great school, and I really enjoyed my interview day there (aside from getting lost in Pittsburgh...) let us know what you think of the new dummy lab. when I interviewed, they were just in the process of moving everything somewhere else.
best of luck!

for those of you with recent invites, have you scheduled your interviews yet? if so, how late are they scheduling right now? i applied to pitt late and wasn't complete until november, and i'm still waiting on them- i was wondering when i might be there, should i recieve an invite. thanks and good luck!

there interviews are going until the end of march, according to the choices i was given!

Originally posted by DannGee
for those of you with recent invites, have you scheduled your interviews yet? if so, how late are they scheduling right now? i applied to pitt late and wasn't complete until november, and i'm still waiting on them- i was wondering when i might be there, should i recieve an invite. thanks and good luck!

hi there. i actually declined my interview with Pitt :( it was a really hard decision, but I've been accepted to a school in my home state, and i am pretty sure i would chose it over pitt. i glanced at the interview dates however, and they were offering dates as early as the last week in January so i don't think they are going to be done anytime soon. maybe you will be getting my spot soon :) GOOD LUCK!

Originally posted by kayw028
there interviews are going until the end of march, according to the choices i was given!

umm...well considering that their acceptance letters are going out in the 1st week of March..I'm guessing anyone who interviews after that is interviewing for a waitlist position?! Correct me if I'm wrong..but it doesn't make much sense for people to be interviewing after all the acceptances have been mailed out...

that would make intuitive sense, however i scheduled my interview for mid-february, and had the options of going into march. i imagine they start accepting in march and continue on like a rolling school would.

here's what it says on the website:

Acceptance notice to regular applicants
Earliest date: March 1
Latest date: Until class is filled

Originally posted by hapkidochic
hey edik
i'm interviewing at pitt tomorrow too! I'm here right now in the computer lab at the pitt library. See you tomorrow and good luck!

Wow! I wish I read this before the interview... Now your identity will remain a mystery to me... :D

OK. I did ask about the interviews. Basically acceptance/waitlist/rejection letters are going out the first week of March. After that point, the admission becomes rolling.
UPitt however continues to interview in March (or later, not sure). It is possible to receive an acceptance even if you interviewed in March.
I hope this helps.
UPitt is a great school. I was also surprised at how nice Pittsburgh is.

Good luck everybody! I am really excited about Pitt. . . anybody else that can't wait to hear? ;)

Sean

Originally posted by Sean2tall
Good luck everybody! I am really excited about Pitt. . . anybody else that can't wait to hear? ;)

Sean

Oh my gosh, I interviewed in Nov and I've been sitting on pins and needles waiting to hear back...I'm gonna be heart-broken if they didn't love me back :scared:

Good luck, Sean...I'm glad somebody is as excited about Pitt as I am!

All the best,
BonBon

I interviewed at Pitt in early December. Being a native of the Pittsburgh area I know how underrated the city actually is. Also, Pitt has an awesome Medical school too!! The interviews were also awesome and the director of admissions was totally nice to me! I am really hoping for the accept in March! If anyone has questions about Pitt or the Pittsburgh area feel free to im me @ Rocpen321! ::cool:

Rocco

Rocpen321 not Rocpen321!