Interviews at UPITT, UCONN, and University of Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luitime2585

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have three interviews coming up. The first is UCONN. I was wondering if anyone who interviewed at one of the three institutions could give me some advice, or at least let me know who it went.

Members don't see this ad.

I went to the UPitt interview really loved the school. Really great people and the WISER center amazing. I had one student interview and then one faculty interview, both were pretty laid back and friendly. You can see what everyone else says about Pitt interviews and any other med school here:
http://share.studentdoctor.net/interview/school_pick.aspx
I used that to prep for interview questions a bit then looked at the school's website; I think that was enough at least for me!

:luck:

You also have a little mini-interview at the end by someone on the admissions committee. That one's really laid back and only about 10-15 min.

I was just recently accepted at Rochester.

They're a school that is all about the students. They don't want cookie-cutter applicants, nor do they cater to the USMLE. So if you want a shot at the school you should show them that you are naturally curious and interested in learning for the sake of learning (NOT for the sake of doing well on the USMLE).

But honestly, I think you should be yourself and you'll get accepted to the schools where you're a good fit and rejected from the ones where you're not. In that sense, I consider rejection a good thing because someone had to have said you+the school are not compatible (or chose another applicant who is better-suited over you). Saves you 4 years of torture if you're really not compatible with the school.

Good luck.