Interviews blind

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grigory76

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know it’s going to sound ridiculous, but here is my question- what are your chances if you go for an interview totally unprepared, with zero interview experience?
I've been sharing all my time between work and studying for the boards, and pretty much neglected the interviews issue, probably underestimating its complexity. Taking step 2 tomorrow, having first interview on Thursday. Am I going to be slaughtered if I go unprepared? I’ll definitely learn something before going for my following interviews, but this one is going to be a shot with the eyes closed.
Thanks for your opinion.

Members don't see this ad.

You haven't had any interviews yet? Is that even possible?

Wednesday said:
You haven't had any interviews yet? Is that even possible?

I applied really late and chose the latest dates possible so that I take step 2 CS and CK before they start.

Members don't see this ad :)
Before you go to your interview, visit their website and print out everything that looks useful. Read it on the plane or in the hotel room. That's all I have been doing. Also, before your first interview, come up with a list of questions to ask residents and faculty. There are some questions in Iserson's that you can use.

grigory76 said:
I know it’s going to sound ridiculous, but here is my question- what are your chances if you go for an interview totally unprepared, with zero interview experience?
I've been sharing all my time between work and studying for the boards, and pretty much neglected the interviews issue, probably underestimating its complexity. Taking step 2 tomorrow, having first interview on Thursday. Am I going to be slaughtered if I go unprepared? I’ll definitely learn something before going for my following interviews, but this one is going to be a shot with the eyes closed.
Thanks for your opinion.

What specialty?