Interviews: Bring something?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tigger Tiger

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I bring anything to my interviews? Portfolio of awards, thank you letters, articles, etc?

PS - I haven't received an interview yet!
frown.gif

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't worry about bringing anything to your interview other than a copy of your application and personal statement (for you to review). However, one interviewer who's in a similar research field as mine did ask for a reprint! This is definitely the exception, though. Pretty much any info they need is in your app already. Good luck to you!

BTW, last year a friend of mine interviewed at his first choice school in late Nov/early Dec and received an acceptance in January, so don't despair
smile.gif

Bring a book to read. Sometimes there are long breaks between orientation sessions and your interview, or between two interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
You might also consider bringing along a portfolio/dayplanner sort of thing. It's a great way to ensure you have a pen/paper just in case you wish to jot something down. Plus, it is also advisable to have a few intelligent, insightful questions written down to ask your interviewer. It can be quite difficult to recall all those things you intended to ask under the pressure of an interview. Plus, you appear more organized.

------------------
'Old Man Dave'
KCOM, Class of '03

Excellent advice from Dave. Pen and paper to jot down names in case you do not have an itinerary is essential. Or if you are nerdy like me bring a palm pilot!

------------------
Jim Henderson, MD of MedicalStudent.net
http://www.medicalstudent.net

I was thinking that... What did the adcomm think when you whipped that piece of techno gadgetry out?