Interviews delayed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefulmedstudent2021

Reaction score
II invites seem to be coming out later this year than last. Do you all think this is an accurate assessment? If yes, when should we expect the bulk of invites (and early invites) to come out for T20 schools?

Members don't see this ad.

UMich and UCLA have already started. I don't believe any other t20 has so far

II invites seem to be coming out later this year than last. Do you all think this is an accurate assessment? If yes, when should we expect the bulk of invites (and early invites) to come out for T20 schools?
Schools stratify the apps as they come in and don't send out secondaries or IIs merely in chronological order.

Secondaries are often a tax on the hopelessly naïve, if not pathologically optimistic.

Not directed at you, OP, but SDNers are advised to not to have the mindset of “I sent in my apps; where are my IIs???!!!”

Members don't see this ad :)
I would imagine since the application cycle was delayed 2 weeks most schools will be at least 2 weeks delayed in sending interview invites this year. Keep in mind also that switching to virtual interviews is no easy task for even the best resourced schools. You have to test host programs tests links have constant tech support and still find ways to sell your school to applicants in a much more limited capacity.

Also even if we didn’t have Covid-19 delays, it’s still very early in the cycle even by last years standards. One last point that has been mentioned by people like Goro multiple times is that the sheer number of applicants in many schools is higher this year so they have more people to review.

tldr: it’s early, go mow the lawn or something so you don’t have the energy to stress about things you have no control over.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
If you assume that the 2019 and 2020 interview trackers are equally popular, then there were more II's given out by July 20th last year than by August 12th of this cycle. It also suggest that more than 90% of II's are yet to be given out. Probably 93-95% of AMCAS II's haven't been released as many of the II's that have been given out are for Texas schools.

Anyone has list of schools that require you to check portal for interview invitations?

Anyone has list of schools that require you to check portal for interview invitations?
ALL!! Don't let your son make the mistake of relying on e-mails that could be delayed, misdirected, placed into a spam folder, etc. He should be checking each portal at least once per day. It's not that much work, and will thin out as IIs come in.

No school is going to advise you to rely exclusively on e-mail. It is a convenience (as is a phone call), but the official means of communication for everyone is the portal, since it has to be updated in order to allow interview scheduling.

Reactions: 2 users
ALL!! Don't let your son make the mistake of relying on e-mails that could be delayed, misdirected, placed into a spam folder, etc. He should be checking each portal at least once per day. It's not that much work, and will thin out as IIs come in.

No school is going to advise you to rely exclusively on e-mail. It is a convenience (as is a phone call), but the official means of communication for everyone is the portal, since it has to be updated in order to allow interview scheduling.
The spam folder is the worst!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users