Interviews During Accelerated Master's Program (MPH)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LuminatorMan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I intend to complete an accelerated MPH program while being interviewed for medical schools. Does this seem like it would be too much? If so, I could do a traditional two-year MPH. (Background. My scholarship will pay for the MPH and I'm mainly doing it as a backup plan in case I need to make money as a consultant or analyst-rainy day essentially. Also, I'm applying to med school during my senior year so I'll have a gap year regardless)

I'm afraid that the one-year MPH + interviews combination might be too overwhelming and will therefore reflect negatively on my grades and potentially raise a red flag to ad-coms.

What do you all think?

Members don't see this ad.

I know many students who have done this successfully. If you are getting a free MPH during a gap year, if you can walk and chew gum you should be able to pull off interviewing and successfully completing the degree requirements.

I know many students who have done this successfully. If you are getting a free MPH during a gap year, if you can walk and chew gum you should be able to pull off interviewing and successfully completing the degree requirements.
Got it! Thank you very much!