interviews for non us IMGs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goldenboy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi!
i wonder how many interviews have been alloted to NON US IMGS?
please post your interview calls here. i am a NON US IMG....score of step 1 in mid nighties and score of step 2 in mid eighties.....applied on 2nd october and no interviews till date. how many of you NON US IMGs are sailing the same boat?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm also a Non US IMG and no interviews yet!

I submitted my full application, LOR's etc since mid September, all have been downladed already. I'm preparing for the Step 3, also have 3 years UK experience and UK qualifications......make you wonder doesn't it!

Trini

i'm a canadian IMG with step 1 of 95 and step 2 of 88 (see how similar?). i've got one interview at the UV/roanoke-salem program- but that's it...everything is in except my PS (and of course the MSPE/DL).

keep me posted...

Members don't see this ad :)
just got one at GW/Washington Hospital prog.- applied there because I know a canadian in that program who was given an H.

hi! how many of the programs send out "dear john" letters? ( sorry, we cannot interview you because we recieved a million aplications this year...). i have recieved 3 interviews and 6 dear john letters till now....what about you guys? almost 300 people have visited this thread, but only 3 have bothered to put in their experiences so far.....

all in NY & NJ. The interview was not at my top of the list place but a reasonable university program.

1 rejection was from NJ.

got one from kaiser-SF today- applied there cause they've had students from my school in OZ and loved them...

3 programs so far- but none purely univ. based. one dear john from UTSW- but hey it's a top 10 program so can't worry too much...

Originally posted by the_wiseguy
got one from kaiser-SF today- applied there cause they've had students from my school in OZ and loved them...

3 programs so far- but none purely univ. based. one dear john from UTSW- but hey it's a top 10 program so can't worry too much...

UTSW is not where you want to interview anyways. As an USMG (high-ranked med school, but Canadian citizen) I got an interview from them but when I called them they insisted that they wont give me H1 visa no matter what. So here goes that interview... :(

One advice to IMG's or international applicants who needs visas: make sure you call or email to ask their visa sponsorship policies (more specifically, possible H1 or J1 only) before you pay to travel there, only to find out your interview lasts 15 minutes because they dont sponsor the H1 you need.

man....got 2 more dear john letters....hmmmmm....getting worried....

got another interview call today.... total count = 4 interviews till now....

one more "dear john" letter today...man....

well i got an interview at university of arizona- stoked about that!

well after this barrage or rejections...got at interview from new york today..... :)

got LIJ today- that's 5 interviews and 1 rejection thus far...

hey! where's lij? i am far ahead as far as rejections go....i think 7 or 8....i stopped counting them after a while,( got another rejection today)....so thats 5 interviews (1 purely university) and many, many rejections....

golden- it's albert eistein long island jewish hospital- new hyde park, long island, NY...a good program from what i've heard.

where have you gotten your interviews?

i dont think i applied to LIJ...they don't give a h1...only J1 given....