Interviews for suny neco and salus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

midwood26

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,
I e-submitted my application to optometry schools and i was wondering if anyone has gotten interview dates for Suny Neco and Salu. Those are the three main schools i am interested in. Any help would be appreiated. Thank You

Members don't see this ad.

I've got interviews at SUNY and NECO coming up, but those were among the later schools to respond to me. I submitted my application in July and didn't get the invite to SUNY until Sept 25 and NECO last week.

have you taken the OAT yet?? what were your stats? if you dont mind me asking

Members don't see this ad :)
Rc 360
Qr 360
Biology 360
Gen chem 350
Orgo 350
Physics 340
Ts 360
AA 350

and i hava 3.2-3.3 gpa with some pre-reqs taken over. i have spent the last 6 years of my life in the optometry field and have lots of volunteer experience. I was also a TA. the only thing i am worried about is my record at my school. i have a couple of acohol violations 2 years ago that i have to explain. I feel thats one of my major hurdles to getting into optometry school

To Sokclari
well thats good to hear i submitted my application like september 13 and havent heard a thing. Thanks for the reply though. Maybe i will see u one day at suny or neco

midwood:
I submitted my application on the same day and it took 3.5 weeks to verify then another week before it was even mailed. Check to see if your application has been mailed yet. You probably won't hear anything until it is.

I e-submitted last thursday and heard back from NECO yesterday for an interview. Interviewing in December. Anyone know how quickly NECO takes to get back to you about whether you were accepted?

They will Fed-x you notification in two to three days after your interview if you are accepted.

my OptomCAS application was mailed to suny sep 16 and i got an invite in like early october and have interview nov

yeah im also wondering if anyone has interviewed at NECO yet. If so how was it? Thanks~!

bump about NECO's interview please~!!

NECO interview is very laid back. When you get to the college you're brought into a big room with all of the other candidates and their guests. The director of admissions will ask everyone to introduce themselves and say something unique about themselves. She will then do a brief talk about how the day is going to go and the group gets divided in half. One half of the group goes on to do the interviews, and the other group stays in the room to listen to talks by the director of admissions, financial aid officer, and student affairs coordinators. When you go for the interview you will have two separate interviews, one by a student and one buy a faculty. Both ask very similar questions, basically they want to get to know you as a person and will ask questions such as: Why optometry, what do you do for fun, what are your strengths/weaknesses, what is your greatest accomplishment/failure, talk about your least/most favorite class, talk about your leadership, talk about your jobs... very straight forward stuff like that. They want to know that you are able to communicate well and are down-to-earth. After the interviews you will have lunch with current students where you can ask them as many questions as you want, then you will go on a bus to one of the clinics and get a tour there. it is a very nice, relaxed day!

NECO interview is very laid back. When you get to the college you're brought into a big room with all of the other candidates and their guests. The director of admissions will ask everyone to introduce themselves and say something unique about themselves. She will then do a brief talk about how the day is going to go and the group gets divided in half. One half of the group goes on to do the interviews, and the other group stays in the room to listen to talks by the director of admissions, financial aid officer, and student affairs coordinators. When you go for the interview you will have two separate interviews, one by a student and one buy a faculty. Both ask very similar questions, basically they want to get to know you as a person and will ask questions such as: Why optometry, what do you do for fun, what are your strengths/weaknesses, what is your greatest accomplishment/failure, talk about your least/most favorite class, talk about your leadership, talk about your jobs... very straight forward stuff like that. They want to know that you are able to communicate well and are down-to-earth. After the interviews you will have lunch with current students where you can ask them as many questions as you want, then you will go on a bus to one of the clinics and get a tour there. it is a very nice, relaxed day!

thanks so much OptomHope! Good luck with your process!!!

thanks so much OptomHope! Good luck with your process!!!

Np :). I heard back from the college the monday after the interview and was accepted into the program! Good luck to you too, just be yourself and relax during the interview and you will be sure to do well :D