LittleRocker

10+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2007
Status
Medical Student
I'm getting most my interviews in late january/february because I applied pretty late (complete last month). At this period will there still be acceptance slots to give or should I expect to get a lot of waitlists?

bluesmd

10+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2008
is in countdown mode
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm getting most my interviews in late january/february because I applied pretty late (complete last month). At this period will there still be acceptance slots to give or should I expect to get a lot of waitlists?
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=578384

congrats for your interview invites. how are you're numbers: GPA and MCAT. from what i've seen they reserve spots for some late applicants with a good app. good luck

batman1983

10+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
People do get in late in the process, but from my experience, it is a lot harder. I think as long as you interview before late Feb, you are okay. My suspicion is that when it comes to March, you are essentially interviewing for a waitlist spot at most schools.

EpiPEN

Aegis of Immortality
10+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2008
La Jolla
Status
Medical Student
I used to think it was harder to get in, but now I am not so sure anymore because plenty of my classmates interviewed late and still got in right off the bat. So the short answer to your question is probably, "Depends on the school"

About the Ads