interviews interviews interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qwertyy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i have a couple of interviews coming up and i am stoked. unfortunately i am also having a panic attack...after spending 6 hours at 4 different department stores and 2 different malls i have yet to find a good women's business suit. on a few websites they recommended that women wear SKIRT suits and pant suits are not formal enough. after the hell i went through today because i lack the hips necessary to keep up a skirt, i would really just prefer to get a pant suit. i know it sounds so trivial ( i think it's trivial!) but after seeing that skirt suit only on a number of websites, i just want to make sure it won't make me look like an idiot. what do you think??

also what do you say when a school asks you why their specific program would NOT be fitting for you? it sounds like a trick question but i dont want to kiss ass and tell them it's the PERFECT fit (because even if i believe that doesnt it sound like a staged answer??

AHH when will this all end????:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Pantsuit would be totally fine.

Pantsuits are perfectly fine. I've worn one to all of my interviews, and so have lots of other female applicants. Just wear whatever you're most comfortable in (i.e., pantsuit vs. skirt suit).

As for your other question, I've only ever been asked why I think I'd be a good fit at a school. Never why I'd be a bad fit.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pant suit is perfectly fine.

Sorry not enough knowledge on interviews to help with the other Q, but i wish you the best of luck keep us updated on your success! :D :thumbup:

At my first interview, I was the only girl in a skirt suit.

At my second interview, I think there was one other girl in a skirt suit.

At my third interview, I think there were two other girls in skirt suits.

Each of these interviews had at least 5 other girls at them. Don't stress about finding a skirt suit.

As for your second question... I've never heard that question before. The closest I've gotten was at AECOM, where my interviewer said that they had to express concern to OOS applicants about adjusting to life in the Bronx/NYC. So he asked me what sort of support system I had in place in the area.