Interviews: Letting schools know you'll be nearby for another interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bozz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How would you go about this? I have two interviews that are very close in distance (1 in VA and 1 in DC). I'd like to schedule them together. Is it a bad idea to let one school know that I'm interviewing at the other?

Or should I just say... I'll be in the area....

Members don't see this ad.

Depends... VCU says they do not want people asking about interview. Is this the school in question?

Members don't see this ad :)
Some schools are willing to work with you, others aren't; I experienced both. Sorry...you just have to contact each school and see what they say.

How would you go about this? I have two interviews that are very close in distance (1 in VA and 1 in DC). I'd like to schedule them together. Is it a bad idea to let one school know that I'm interviewing at the other?

Or should I just say... I'll be in the area....

I just did it for all the NYC schools. A couple ignored me, a couple sent me a "ok, thanks, we'll keep that in mind" email, and another gave me an interview invite an hour later. So I'd go for it. I did say "I'll be in the area for another interview", since most of the NYC schools' website literally say "if you're going to be in the area for another interview, let us know..."