Interviews: Mainly Non-dentistry related Q's?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

firstcitizen

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been skimming through a few feedbacks on SDN and a lot of the questions seem to be questions pertaining to your character(i.e. what are 3 of your worst/best qualities?).

When I had interviews for pharmacy school, I had extensive questions regarding my observations at work as a pharmacy technician, what are some future changes underway in pharmacy, what are some negative aspects of the field from your experience at work, what would you change if you were in charge, topics on current pharmacy issues, etc. I had 2 interviews that were each 20 minutes long. I really had to keep myself abreast on current pharmacy topics by reading pharmacy journals.

Did any of you guys actually get questions regarding dentistry besides why you chose to apply to dentistry school and what your future plans are? Should I start preparing by looking at various topics on dentistry so I can prepare myself for questions that are beyond what I know from shadowing/assisting?

Members don't see this ad.

The same type of interview questions you faced during your pharmacy school interviews do apply to dental school interviews. You will get questions that assess your overall character as well as questions discussing your knowledge of the dental field.