Interviews--rejection/acceptace

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

streetdoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had a lot of interviews without an acceptance?Curious,
streetdoc

Members don't see this ad.

i don't understand what you are saying. can you clarify? it's not you, it's me.

sorry, i probably wasn't clear, i'm on vacation and trying not to think :hardy:
i was just curious about how many acceptances people are getting from their interviews. you may interview at 10 schools, but not get one acceptance (which i hope is not the case!!!)
are their any horror stories like this? or what's the average?
(i'm hoping to hear that interviews almost always result in acceptance)
maybe that clarifies it...then again, maybe not
oh well, i'm on vacation!
streetdoc

Members don't see this ad :)
According to some stats posted earlier on SND, you have on average a 1/3 shot of getting into a school once you have an interview. This can go up to 1/2 if its in-state.

So if you went to a good number of interviews (6+) I would imagine there is a close to 100% chance you will get in somewhere.

I've had 11 interviews so far and haven't been accepted anywhere, but I haven't been waitlisted or rejected either. Almost all of the schools I'm applying to wait until the spring to send out decisions. :( I expect to hear from a couple in the next few weeks though.

i've interviewed at a bunch of schools and no luck yet.

of those that've responded, 3 waitlists and 1 rejection...argghhhh.

8 interviews...

1 acceptance, other 7 will match on Feb. 1st.

Check out this thread from last year, which ought to give you a pretty good idea of final results based on number of interviews.

6 interviews, no acceptances or rejections yet.

I've had eight interviews/invites so far, but only one waitlist and one rejection

six interviews...

four acceptances...

and two of the interviews were just last week so i should hear from them hopefully in a few...!

;)

I've had 11 interviews and 4 acceptances so far. :)