Interviews: What to do with luggage/bags?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

informatique

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan on wearing my interview outfit while I'm flying over to interviews and carry a backpack that just has various toiletries and an extra pair of clothes that will last me for one night at the hotel. After I check out of the hotel in the morning to get to my interview, do you think it would be okay to bring my backpack with me and stash it in a corner somewhere during the interview?

Members don't see this ad.

I plan on wearing my interview outfit while I'm flying over to interviews and carry a backpack that just has various toiletries and an extra pair of clothes that will last me for one night at the hotel. After I check out of the hotel in the morning to get to my interview, do you think it would be okay to bring my backpack with me and stash it in a corner somewhere during the interview?

should be fine. just call up the school and ask. the schools i called said people do it all the time and they don't care

I would just give them a polite heads up that you'll be bringing luggage to your interview, even though most schools are very accomodating. Better to be 100% about where your stuff will go so you won't stress about it before the interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
You should be able to leave your luggage at the front desk of your hotel and pick it up after interviews too. I've done that a lot and they never seem to mind. That way you can bring a suitcase and don't have to wear your interview outfit the day before.

You should be able to leave your luggage at the front desk of your hotel and pick it up after interviews too. I've done that a lot and they never seem to mind. That way you can bring a suitcase and don't have to wear your interview outfit the day before.

exactly, just leave it at front desk and pick it up after interview.

i plan to leave straight for the airport after the interview. i hope the schools (tennessee and pacific) will let me leave my stuff somewhere. i dont think it will be a problem/

All of the schools expect that interviewees will be bringing luggage with them to the interview. they will deffinately have a place for your stuff when you get there. Me and my wife brought all of our luggage (it wasn't much) to all of our interviews and they always had a place for us to stash it (along with everybody else). So don't worry about that. i wouldn't even bother calling them ahead of time to make sure it's ok, because i promise they are expecting everyone to bring stuff. I would only make phone calls that are absolutely necessary considering the number of calls they get around this time of the year. some of the people who answer the phones all day can get a bit inpatient with superfluous phone calls (as i suspect many of you have already encountered).